PDA

View Full Version : liver function

daisydoo
27-09-11, 21:36
Hi. Has anyone got any advice experience on liver function tests. Had lots of bloods done all ok except for alt on the liver fynction. It was 41 the range was 1-33. Not been told by the doctor just saw the results. So waiting to see if tbey contact me. I know it can mean liver damage but wondered if anyone else had this and turned out ok. Had an abdo scan a year ago and a kidney scan about six months ago. Not sure if my luver was checked then but im sure the report said normal gall bladder. Thanks for any help

skyisblue
28-09-11, 06:25
Hi daisy

Sorry I haven't had a liver function test yet but I did get to read a similar thread in another HA forum re your concern. Basically, from what I can remember, the ALT level and the other reading, can fluctuate without any significant bearing. That's what I remember.

It's best to talk to your doctor about this though :) I'm sure you will be fine. Please keep us posted!

daisydoo
28-09-11, 06:56
Thank you for your reply x i will have to wait and see if the gp contacts me. Need to go back in a couple of weeks so will ask then. Thanks again

countrygirl
28-09-11, 10:16
I pm'd you hope you got it.