PDA

View Full Version : Left side pain

kellynwv
18-05-06, 19:09
Hi,

About two weeks ago my left side was killing me. I ignored it (I always have something wrong with me) and it went away. Now my left side ..right below my rib cage feels like some one is stabbing me with a knife. It doesn't happen all the time, just here and there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

MrMonkey
18-05-06, 19:54
I used to have odd pains like that, not sure if I remember any in that particular spot but its certainly your anxiety. Either overly tense muscles that need relaxing or a build up of stress inducing toxins.

I would suggest to burn off the toxins: exercise! And then take some time out to relax. If you fish around there are plenty of relaxation methods on this site. Have a bath, sit quietly with some soft music, whatever, just focus on releasing the tension and relaxing those muscles.

Hope you feel better.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

kellynwv
18-05-06, 21:34
Thanks for your reply.

I keep thinking it might be IBS or something worse. I know IBS goes along with anxiety.

I don't have any other symptoms though, so it probably is nothing.

giddy
19-05-06, 07:19
Hi kelly - I get stabbing pains in that area too, sometimes a quick sharp pain, sometimes it can last a while and hurts when I breathe in. I put it down to either wind, indegestion or muscle twinges if I'm sat hunched over for too long.
Love Helen