PDA

View Full Version : Just had major panic attack. :(

Worried_Male
28-09-11, 12:21
I was at college and was having a conversation with a guy and he mentioned that i looked pale and started asking me about deficiencies. All of a sudden i started to sweat uncontrollably, i felt sick, light headed and like i was about to pass out. I had to go home and on the way back i felt very angry like i was about to explode with rage if anybody come near me.

I come home and run my head under a tap and feel a bit better but that guy has really made me worried. I'm scared that my pale skin may be a sign of something serious.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Now i feel really sleepy and tired. Is this normal?

VioletWings
28-09-11, 12:50
That sucks that you had a bad panic today =( Did you feel okay before this guy started talking about those things?
It sounds like you panicked because of what he was saying, and yes it is very likely you'd feel tired after the panic and walk home, probably using up a bunch of adrenaline on the way. Have a chill and some good food, and I hope you feel better later.
I know it's hard but TRY not to worry, especially as you feel a little better now rather than worse. Try to forget about it today. If you do feel ill, then you can make a Dr's appointment. Being pale can be a general anxiety symptom -I've been pale (and looked a wreck generally!) during my worst bouts of anxiety. Or you may just be a bit under the weather. Feel better!

M155anthr0p3
28-09-11, 16:01
Ahhh the power of suggestion...
He said you may be ill so your brain tricked you into it.

I am very pale too....& I do have vitamin deficiencies because I don't eat meat (so it's my own fault lol), but I just take supplements.
Even if you do have them, it's nothing serious...promise.

:hugs:

Worried_Male
28-09-11, 16:25
Ahhh the power of suggestion...
He said you may be ill so your brain tricked you into it.

I am very pale too....& I do have vitamin deficiencies because I don't eat meat (so it's my own fault lol), but I just take supplements.
Even if you do have them, it's nothing serious...promise.

:hugs:

I just bought nearly every vitamin supplement known to man! I literally cleared the shelf in the health store.

My lifestyle has been quite bad due to depression, i very rarely cook so i'm always eating junk food and i have read you are meant to drink at least 1 litre of water a day and i don't drink anywhere near that.

I was also having daily vinegar baths for what i thought was thrush and it turns out the acid in vinegar can make your skin go pale.

I have always been quite pale due to my Irish heritage but to hear someone tell me i looked pale and start asking about deficiencies made me panic.

M155anthr0p3
28-09-11, 18:03
Next time tell them to **** off....

You'll be fine mate...get eating those vitamins! :winks:

Anxious_gal
28-09-11, 21:02
I like to rethink about how the attack started....
When he said you looked pale, I'm guessing this put negative thoughts and health fears into your head :(

I'm really pale, if I don't wear make up EVERYONE asks me if I am ill!
My skin is very white, and see through, I can pretty much see all the veins that go from my wrists all the way up my arm! That used to freak me out a little.

If the inside of your eyes are pink and your gums are pink, then I am sure your iron is ok. Men don't tend to suffer from low iron problems unlike us women.

After anxiety or panic you will feel wiped out and tired I'm afraid :(

No your not meant to drink too much water, that's just a health fad, we get water from the food we eat, as well as drinking.
If you pull the skin up off your arm and it snaps back fast then you are not dehydrated.
A pint of water or liquid a day I am sure is more than enough!

Jimgym
30-09-11, 13:14
Pale skin won't necessary mean you are deficient in minerals/vitamins. Adrenalin, which is often released during high anxiety (especially a panic attack) changes changes blood flow away from the skin surface and directs it towards the vital organs and muscles ready for the fight or flight response. Most likely your pale complexion was down to blood leaving the surface of your skin.