PDA

View Full Version : Lymecycline for acne

Savannah
28-09-11, 14:16
Has anyone taken this antibiotic for acne? My GP prescribed it to me back in Feb for my acne but after 6 days I had to stop due to stomach pains. He thought it was due to me not eating enough as they must be taken on a full stomach, I probably wasn't eating enough.

Today I went back and he said I need them as I keep getting 2-3 spots that swell my face up and he said topical antibiotics won't stop the acne, so I need oral meds.

Stupid me read the leaflet and made myself worry a bit. The 'rare' side effects were swelling around heart, pancreatitis, visual disturbances, liver problems........

Has anyone else taken this and can give me a kick up the bum? I know I need to take them, I just am worried it will flare up my health anxiety.

Also, I had an allergic reaction once to an anti depressant when I was on them years ago. Since then I get scared of starting new meds. GP said as I took them for 6 days last time with no breathing difficulties or rash, thenI am not allergic, so should be fine this time. Should I chill?lol!:winks: