PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my eyes!

MissSunshine
28-09-11, 19:59
Female
BMI Ideal weight
22 years old
Don't drink
Don't smoke
No known illnesses
Suffers from Anxiety/health anxiety & IBS.

Well last night around 11pm I started to get a rainbow kind of wiggly line in my left eye, that made it hard for me to focus, then came dots, like floating dots, then a watery circle..that i assume is the shape from my eye..
I didnt get to panicky as I thought I was over tired, I was up early and it was pretty late, I rested my eyes closing them for a few minutes and they was fine.
Today I went to sainsburys supermarket and whilst there the vision came back all blurry and floaty dots was making me hard to focus again. I remember once having this in another supermarket the start of this year, I suppose my eyes are sensitive to bright supermarket lights?

when i got home from shopping my eyes went back to normal, then i got a headache from behind my eyes.. had a painkiller and it went shortly after.

Think its very important to mention my eyesight is quite bad, I cant see properly without my glasses so I wear them all the time..My last check up for my eyes was last year, and my next isn't til next year.However I am having a contact lens fitting this month, so I will ask them to check my eyes then.

I am starting to get very panicky and nervous! is this anxiety can it happen? does this ever happen to you?
I was thinking it could be a migraine?

Please let me know what you think but try not to scare me as I have bad health anxiety! thanks x

ReneV
28-09-11, 20:15
Could be something as simple as an eye infection, or like you said the start of a migraine. I've heard anxiety can cause floaters,watery or star like effects to vision.
Are you on any medication for anything, could be a side effect.
Get it checked out at the opticians just for your peace of mind.

MissSunshine
28-09-11, 20:18
Oh I see, I didn't know anxiety could affect the eyes, not that is should surprise me, as anxiety can do alot of things!
I am on mebverine, for ibs but thats it.
My appointment is in just over a week, do you think its okay to wait that long?
x

ReneV
28-09-11, 20:23
If it's bugging you and your anxious then get it checked out sooner as it will only play on your mind til your appointment.

MissSunshine
28-09-11, 20:24
Ok thank you, I'll see if they can fit me in :)

Anxious_gal
28-09-11, 20:35
Could be migraine, you can get the aura, without the the actual headache pain too.
I often wear sunglasses in the supermarket, Those bright lights mess with my eyes.
I get lots of funny things in front of my eyes, going from a bright room to a dark room, or sun spots, or various things that reflect light to your line of vision can set it off for me.

If you've not had your eyes tested this year I would get it checked out.
I know they can detect various things from when they shine that light in your eye so maybe just ask you doc to take a look next time you are there.

MissSunshine
28-09-11, 20:42
Sunglasses! I best do the same as it makes the shopping unbearable now when I cant see properly!
Thanks hun, I will definitely get checked out by my optitionsx

mel78
28-09-11, 21:26
Miss Sunshine, it really sounds like you might have visual migraine. I got these a couple of years ago and they totally freaked me out. I didn't have any other symptoms (headache, etc) so was convinced I had something terminal! I even had an MRI but all was normal in the end - just migraine. Strangely, I haven't had them for years, but I relate them to periods of stress in my life.

Kelley
29-09-11, 04:37
Hi Miss Sunshine

These are Visual Migraines! I started to get these in January this year and have been a mess ever since! I'm 34 and couldn't for the life of me understand why all of a sudden it started happening to me :shrug:
I have had several tests and been told that they are harmless and fairly common and that they can start at any age and at any frequency. So far i have had 6 this year, 3 of them being within the span of one month but all coincide with my monthly cycle (approx day 18 or 19, but the latest one was day 22) I'm told they have probably come on due to years of stress together with the hormonal changes.
If you have a search and type in something like zig zags, you will see a mountain of posts with people describing these things.
Obviously you could always mention it to your dr and get an eye test just for your piece of mind :smile:

Kel x

MaryPaul
29-09-11, 08:01
I would recommend a online lenses store which provides lenses for less price.

meg86
30-09-11, 16:30
Helloo :),

Like you i have bad eyes, and my eyes have previously been a worry to me.

Stress and Anxiety can play havoc on your eyes, i had this symptom for around 3 months and convinced myself i had something seriously wrong with me.

I had floaters, spots, white noise, feeling like i could focus properly, everything looked hazy and i had herrendous pain behind them. I went to the opticians terrified!! to the point of tears, everything turned out ok and my eyes where perfectly healthy and the less i worried the symptoms started to decrease.

If you look at the symptoms list on the left there is a section about how anxiety can effect your eyes, i would get checked out to ease yoru worries but i am sure you will be just fine :).