PDA

View Full Version : Atos- Home Visit

freefee
28-09-11, 20:28
i have been granted a home visit by atos this friday for my medical assesment, i want to tape record the visit, as i have heard that often they don`t put your answers down as you said them, ie, i have a bad back, report says no problem with back etc, what i want to know is should i ask them if i can tape the medical or record it without their knowledge, i don`t want to put their backs up but i also want my answers to their questions to be acknowledged properly, thanks in advance for any help.

london
28-09-11, 20:33
thay will not let you record thay will just stop and walk out
what test thay comeing for
god bless

freefee
28-09-11, 20:37
it`s my assesment for esa, i currently recieve incapacity benefit, whats the problem with recording it? if they do their job properly they have nothing to fear, what should i do?

london
28-09-11, 20:48
thats why thay wont let you , what ever you do have some there with you takeing notes
god bless and good luck

freefee
28-09-11, 21:17
my sister will be with me taking notes, but i wanted something more concrete, would you put me off recording it without their knowledge, or would this count against me when they found out, as i am sure they will record my answers incorrectly, and i would have solid proof by taping it, which i would use in an appeal situation, if i had the proof they would have to consider it surely, or could this backfire on me?

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

thanks for your help, i am edging on the side of recording it without their knowledge, sorry but i just don`t trust them, the way i see it, it`s my house and i can do what i want in it, anybody else`s input would be welcome, especially regarding the legality of it etc, many thanks

london
28-09-11, 22:12
if you record it it cant be used if you lose
thats the draw back
oh dont forget ESA is what you can not what you cant do
god bless

messianictalmud
09-11-11, 19:35
freefee firstly if you record your conversation with them without their knowledge, if you ended having to use it as evidence like in DWP tribunal it would be considerd in-admissable evidence and direction would be made to ignore your evidence, also if you check with a Solicitor I think you maybe stepping in dangerous waters if you recorded without their consent.