PDA

View Full Version : uper chest and back pain

melvin
28-09-11, 20:28
hi
can anyone tell me if they have had this type of chest back pain . i get it when i take a deep breath i feel it in my back and chest like its in the middle some where .i allso cough alot throat clearing .iv had all test xrays a 3d xray that looks inside ur chest at ur lungs etc etc a lung funtion test all ok its giveing me right anxiety //

ReneV
28-09-11, 20:38
Hi Melvin,
I'm no doctor but to me that sounds like muscles tensing up as you take a deep breath!
I assume you don't get the pain when you take a regular/normal breath?
Throat clearing can be a sign of anxiety, I do it all the time when anxious. Feels like something won't dislodge in the throat. Are you a smoker??

melvin
29-09-11, 17:48
hi rene
yes im a smoker i am planing on stoping soon as im sick of this pain and no one knows what it is

nilepalace304
29-09-11, 18:13
hi melvin i get that all the time and the coughing, it is just muscle tension from anx and when im relaxed it goes away. the chest pain is like a burn and the back pain is like someone thumped me. hope this helps, you are not alone

MikeyJon
29-09-11, 20:09
I don't know if you've ever looked into this but compressed or ruptured discs in your neck/back can cause upper body and back pain. One more thing that can be looked into and, if nothing else, eliminated.

melvin
30-09-11, 18:50
thanks for ur replys guys
iv had a ct thorax scan and they inject a dye to show more up i think its some kind of 3d scan but they said all clear . iv had chest x rays ,lung funtion test all clear .so what can this be it used to be when i fell asleep on the sette i woke up and when i breathed it would realy hurt a very sharp pain from my back through to my chest any way this went on and off for say 2 yrs i told doc many times but they said it was nothing .but now its their most of the day my back and and chest hurt if i deep breath or not it just comes and goes its in my chest caverty somewhere in the middle from front to back and i kinda feel like i have limted breath for a bit .i dont know if that bits anxiety related or not . i allso sometimes get stomach pain .i do cough alot well throat clear and i do have acid . someone must have had this somewhere

melvin
01-10-11, 07:48
any out there had this prop