PDA

View Full Version : Loss of appetite after coming off contraceptive pill?

cassy1989
28-09-11, 21:56
Hi. I have been on the contraceptive pill cerazette for 2.5 years and I thought it would do my body good to have a break so I came off it 2 weeks ago to give my body a break.
Any way I noticed just a few days after that my appetite had gone right down and its stayed like that.
I know that when I went on the pill it upped my appetite and I have put on weight being on it so do you think its normal side effect, losing my appetite?
Sounds silly I know but it worries me that it could be some thing serious?
Normally my appetite is massive! xx

cassy1989
29-09-11, 10:33
Bump

Charlottie
29-09-11, 11:26
As the pill has a side effect of making your appetite increase then it would make sense that when you come off it the side effect would go away. Don't worry.

missykat
29-09-11, 11:29
i agree with charlottie. wouldn't worry at all. in fact same thing happened to me aswl, used to eat all around me wen i was on the pill, the amount i wud eat wasn't funny lol then wen i stopped it i felt nauseus and barely had an appetite especially for sweet things! which was unusual cuz i used to love them lol

cassy1989
29-09-11, 11:36
Hi thanks for replying.
I guess it does make sense :) its made me feel a little better now.
I had a tiny bowl of cereal and a nutri grain bar this morning but normally I would have eaten a lot more by now so I guess losing my appetite is a good thing lol xx

xfilme
29-09-11, 14:22
i experienced similar. I was on microgynon 30, a combined pill, for 17 years. I changed my pill to cerazette (progesterone only) and because i was getting less estrogen, i lost my appetite and lost weight. i think its normal when you change you pill for your body to go through a period of adjustment.