PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobic, sick, alone & frightend

miss_moose
28-09-11, 23:02
I started feeling sick about an hour ago, i thought it would go away but it hasnt. I havent been sick but i feel terribly sick and keep retching. Now I have diareah and stomach cramps.
My fiance is working Nights tonight and wont be home to 6:30am, I have been texting him though and he's texted back telling me to take it easy and go to bed.

I have some ginger biscuits to suck on and a bottle of water, some dvd's and puzzle books, no laptop though tonight which is a big comfort thing.

I'm really emetophobic, which kicked off an eating disorder 10 years ago and i've only started making progress and eating better again this year.
Being alone and sick, i'm terrified.

vicky23
29-09-11, 14:51
hi I only just saw this now by which time you're fiance is home and hopefully you'll be feeling more comforted.
How are you today? I really hope you feel better, keep drinking lots of water and perhaps get some proper ginger root which you can cut a 2cm square bit off and pour boiling water over that really helps when Im feeling sick. Or some peppermint tea (herbal tea section of supermarket) will have the double action of stopping nausea and tummy cramps.
Bless you hope you're better really soon
x

miss_moose
29-09-11, 22:23
Thank you Vicky. I started to feel better around midnight and managed to sleep ok. I went to bed and played Family Fortunes on my handheld game and surrounded myself with puzzle books to try and keep calm.

I've felt a bit off today but no where near as bad as yesterday so im thinking it was just "One of those things" and not a bug?

I'll keep your tips in mind about the ginger and peppermint tea for next time i feel sick with panic.

Thank youagian xx

vicky23
30-09-11, 08:48
ah that's great I'm really glad to hear it passed! :) It's naturally to feel not-quite-right after an episode like that it's just our bodies returning to normal I guess.
Best wishes
x