PDA

View Full Version : What it's like for me

Whyme
29-09-11, 01:50
I tend to get more anxiety attacks at night or when I'm alone and they come out of no where nothing triggers them they just happen.The attack can last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or more. my arms and legs feel unsteady & shaky,chills and the need to urinate , a feeling of something is wrong with my body and I'm about to pass out or have a heart attack a feeling that I'm about to die.It is so scary during the attack, even though I have been living with this for about 6 years now they still scare me because during an attack I start thinking maybe the doctor was wrong maybe it's something else and he just can't find it so now I'm going to die.After the attack I'm left feeling drained and I don't understand why.

Has anyone ever felt that way , that maybe the doctors are missing something and your about to die?

paula lynne
29-09-11, 09:28
Hi there x
I tend to get mine at night too. Its all about adrenaline. When we are moving around, keeping busy in the day, we use our adrenaline up. As soon as we become totally relaxed BANG...the adrenaline suddenly has nowhere to go and produces panic.

Youve made the association of panic and nighttime. You expect them. And therefore, they will come.
The trick is try and switch off and DONT expect them. You need to cut the pyschological ties of associating panic with night time or being alone.
I know its hard, but all of us eventually get to a point when we simply HAVE to trust our doctor.

Try changing the order you do things in the evening/night.....it will confuse your brain, because your brain expects you to do things in a certain order, then wants you to panic. Alter the order, and act like youve never had a panic attack.
Expect them to come, and they will.
Hope you feel better soon x
Paula x