PDA

View Full Version : I've been here before ...

darrenc
29-09-11, 11:35
Hello everyone,

I've had panic attacks and anxiety, on and off, for about the past 12 years now.

For the past 18 months, I've generally been feeling good, then bang on Saturday I had two big panics. (Trigger was probably returning to the place where I had big panic two years ago).

This time it feels even more distressing than the last time - one of the panics on Saturday was onboard an aircraft, about a minute before takeoff; so I had nowhere to run and hide, just had to have my panic in my seat in front of everyone.

Since then had more panic attacks each day. I'm at work now, but even frightened to leave my desk, as just getting up and walking will make me feel short of breath and dizziness.

I wish these feelings would go away.

Darren.

paula lynne
29-09-11, 13:33
Hi Darren, Im sorry you are struggling at the moment. The best thing you can do is read up about panic and anxiety...the info in the left hand column here is informative and up to date. Knowledge is key. The more you know, the better able you are to deal with it. Put those 2 big panics to the back of your mind. Each day is a fresh start. Confronting panic and STILL getting on with your day is where you need to aim, keep doing what your doing, DESPITE the panic. Eventually it will get bored because you arent paying it enough attention. You take back your control.
Hope you feel better soon, Paula x:)

Littlehelper123
30-09-11, 14:21
It sounds like you haven't had a lot of time to properly calm yourself down and come back down to normality.

Try deep breathing and while doing so keep telling yourself that you have beaten them before and you can do it again.

Drink lots of water and go for a jog every now and then because that helps me a ton!

good luck

hannah x

munkeyinblack
01-10-11, 15:07
Aww Darren !! just read this im so sorry to hear your struggling again :( pm me anytime u need a chat hun and just remember u beat this once and you will again . im here if u need me

tc munkey xx