PDA

View Full Version : help plz

lola pagola
30-09-11, 10:29
hi im louisa and quite new here I suffer rom Health Anxiety real bad over cancer..I lost my mum to Breast Cancer. Ive had a scare lately..it was an UTI with blood ..all seems better now and my dr has checked my urine this week..no infection or blood..but im scared to wee...incase...i see blood. It really frightened me when i did,the trouble is i have to wee i cant avoid it,and i still have pain..hmm is it ovarian cancer..cervical cancer,because im late with my smear..or is my ibs...cancer. aas you can see im obsessed over cancer its ruining my life

Janeeey
30-09-11, 11:08
Hi Lola

Sorry to hear about your mum and welcome to the site. I am also obsessed with gynae issues after lots of problems and tests all ok. I too worry about bleeding so worry every time I got to the loo and I have recently had some spotting which has made my HA go wild! I am actually going for a private smear on Monday as only had one a year and a half ago - constant reassurance is not really helpful though.

I would recommend you do go for a smear, not because anything is wrong, it won't be but you should always keep uptodate with smears for peace of mind. I would then confirm your fears to your GP to ask to be referred for CBT - I am doing this and it has helped so much, I am not there yet but am definitely much better than I was. Good luck x