PDA

View Full Version : please any advice would be great

nic77
30-09-11, 10:35
I have started a job that to be honest im not happy doing but feel i should continue with the job as my mum works for the same company and is a very reliable employee . Im really struggerling with with parts of the job which is testing my OCD and emetophobia to its limits . I have treid talking to my mum but she is very dismissive about how im feeling and isnt listening to me all she says is give the job a good try . Has anyone else ever been in the same situation and if so have any advice to give me . Or any advice at all, i think its making me ill i have so far not eaten enough, had headaches and the shakes. And just dont want to go out anymore! and keep thinking im ill when it possibly stress related.B Im really desperate for some help so please any advice is welcome
Thanks for reading this xx

Littlehelper123
30-09-11, 13:57
Show your mum this post. Try to stay calm when you are at work. break the day down - okay say now i need to do this , do the job, move onto the next task. Try taking food to snack on during the day. Take crackers because they are filling and grapes and bananas and nuts, and just snack on them throughout the day and it'll keep you topped up between meals. Drink lots of water too.

If you tell your mum that you are too stressed to work with her right now , i'm sure she'll understand. Try looking for a less stressful job, like a paper round or delivery, because then you'll be working for yourself essentially =)

Dont worry too much, things do get better.

Good luck

hannahx

tommy1982
30-09-11, 16:34
Think of one day at a time, never more than one day.

Beaware everyone around you will tell you not to quit your job, but you know what if you are trying hard , and the suffering is just too much you decide if its not for you, jobs come and go, its not the end of the world.

It is possible the routine of the job will help you get out of your anxious period however, ive started and worked in a lot of jobs where i was in breakdown mode, and in a weird way he routine got me through it.

It's a tuff one, but do what feels right, if you have thought about it a number of times and are coming to the same decesion that will tell you.