PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding concerns

Janeeey
30-09-11, 11:12
Sorry I did post this the other day in female problems - I got one lovely reply but would really welcome any other advice / support others could give. I wonder if not so many people visit the female only forum

Apologies as I feel like I have a monthly panic re bleeding and constantly want reassurance! My history is that I have had gynae issues for 2 yearsd or more but had lots of tests (scans / internal / smears) and all ok. Gynae cancer has become my major cause of HA and fills me with dread!

Since around Feb this year my periods have become 'normal' .. howeve about 3 months ago I had tiny light brown smear when I wiped during OV, the month after I had tiny pink smear (not during OV) then during OV some time red spots (I check obsessiely) .. went to Dr in hysterics - they were not concerned at all, said not to worry and did an internal and all ok. My Dr understands my HA (I am having CBT and on tablets) and likes to go with the school of thought of 'I can't tell you you will never get cancer and can only reassure you today' - hard to hear but I guess true! The following month during OV again I got about a 5p size bit of red blood but took no action as didn't happen again.

Anyway a few days ago after a normal period ending last week I had BM in morning and had tiny streaks of very light brown and couple of pink again pin head size spots. After that nothing since.

Me being me I panicked (although CBT is helping I didn't go to bed as I normally would!) .. I rang a cancer helpline and had v.helpful guy who said this would be nothing and the internal would have shown if there was a problem and would be normal period issues and that I don't need another smear (had one year and a half ago all ok) and my Dr previously said the same.

Sorry for very long post but I just don't know how to stop worrying. Is it normal to keep having this happen, should I take action or just relax. I really want another baby but have been to scared to have sex for months incase I bleed (I never have) - will I ever be normal again! A few years ago this would not have worried me!

I have booked for a private smear on Monday but do worry if I am just keeping this whole test / reasurrance circle going and its not helping! This is such a ramble but this site does help so much - and stops me from googling most of the time so any thoughts / advice most welcome :smile:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

nomorepanic
30-09-11, 11:49
Hi

We created the female forum as some men didn't want to read about women's issues if you see what I mean so to be honest this is better suited to that forum that here.

People tend to browse the site by active topics and not forums so I think it would be best if I still moved it back there for you.

flobrien
30-09-11, 17:03
Hi there,
this sounds like what I am having tbh. for years I had very normal periods day or two pf spotting and after period but that was it. Then since the birth of my son two years ago it is all over the place, some months very heavy some very light, and now I seem to have spotting at ovulation every month, at first it started with a streak or two of pink blood but now every month without fail I have a day at ovulation where there is quite a bit of blood upon wiping.

I have been to the docs for this who absolutely freaked me out and sent me to an oncologist gynae for tests, the gynae was very unconcerned and did an internal and ultrasound saying the everything was completely normal and as it should be and that it is purely a mid cycle bleed i.e ovulation spotting otherwise known as "mittelschmerz". If you google mittelschmerz you may see if it is the same for you. There is nothing dangerous about it simply the way your cycle is working. As I mentioned I never had this until the birth of my son two years ago, so if you too have had children it could be simply that your cycle has changed?

Hope this is of some help, I know that when it first happened to me I was absolutely TERRIFIED!!!!!! but now I am fairly used to it, and not bothered by it as I know what it is.
Fi x

debs71
30-09-11, 17:15
Hi,

I had very similar symptoms to yours last year. I had spotting outside of my period due dates, missed periods and periods that were totally out of whack - nothing for 42 days for example and when it did arrive, only a tiny amount of bleeding.

Like you I was concerned. I saw my GP who referred me for a transvaginal ultrasound and was diagnosed with a thickened uterus lining (hence the lack of proper periods) and ovarian cysts on my left ovary.

I was told that the ovarian cysts muck up your hormones, so in turn your periods are affected and the ad hoc bleeds occur. I was also told that the cysts should go on their own and I would have another scan in a month or two to check, and they did, and my periods went back to normal again.

Try not to focus on the worst case scenario. It may just be something straightforward, in fact the chances are it is.

I hope things settle for you soon.x:hugs: