PDA

View Full Version : Up and down :(

Glitterbugs
30-09-11, 15:32
Hey all,

I am about a week into taking Citalopram now and although many symptoms have settled and I have felt much better the past couple of days (first counselling the day before yesterday which was very positive experience) I feel a bit weird right now!

Today I just feel really unsettled and weird...very tense and keep having a wave of panic come over me then I mentally try and push it away. I know this sounds odd.

Just have that nervous knot in my tummy and can't settle but can't focus on anything either.

xxx

KayleighJane
30-09-11, 15:49
hiya i felt like this too, i have been on citalopram since around april and it gets easier and easier, it does make you more anxious at first and takes a good 6 weeks to kick in fully, sometimes longer but its really worth sticking to it :hugs:

Glitterbugs
30-09-11, 15:53
Thankyou. It is so weird isn't it? I can't sit still but I can't focus on anything or finish anything I need to do. Jaw is clenched tight (this is happening lots since taking it). Just annoyed as felt so calm past day or two after first few days feeling worse than before I started!

I only take 10mg of the stuff for now so might stick at that for another week before going to 20mg.

Thanks for your reassurance that it is worth sticking with ans that this increased anxiety is normal. Were you quite up and down to start with too?? xxx

KayleighJane
30-09-11, 16:13
the increased anx is very normal so please don't worry about that, i started on 10mg and was very up and down and then after a month i went up to 20 and now i am on 30mg which seems to suit me well and I have settled on that, it just takes a while to get settled on it but once you are you will feel so much better for it xx

Glitterbugs
30-09-11, 16:31
Thankyou so much. Heart is racing at the moment and no idea what I am anxious about...I just am! Can't eat since taking it either. Bloomin stuff. I know it will help in the long run though so gotto see it through :) xxx

Ingenious
30-09-11, 20:23
It's very early days and yes you can sometimes feel odd as your body gets used to the new medication. It can take several weeks for things to settle down. I remember some incredibly odd feelings when I was on Citalopram but in a few weeks from now you should be feeling a lot more settled.