PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone,

Franky
30-09-11, 19:07
Hi,

I just signed up 2 days ago and I hope I will meet some really nice people here who can give me a good advice. Recently I quit my medical career for a man then I got so depressed because of the guilt I had then I got panic attacks and depression, and recently I have been attacked by a stranger out of the blue then my partner left me saying that i am too intense and he can't handle me, which he never really tried to understand why I got in this mess in the first place. I used to be a very confident, driven person who never backed down from anything- now im totally the oposit and I can't find myself, it feels like I lost my identity.
This is all new for me and im trying to get some sense out of everything-
Any good advice is welcomed :_)

Thank you,
F

nomorepanic
30-09-11, 19:08
Hi Franky

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Franky
30-09-11, 19:10
Thank you Nicola:-)

paula lynne
30-09-11, 20:16
Welcome along Frankie to a great supportive forum. Read up on panic/anxiety. Knowledge is your biggest weapon against this monster. Recovery is possible, dont give up. Good to have you on board x
:welcome:Paula x

Vanilla Sky
30-09-11, 22:27
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

daybyday
30-09-11, 22:30
:welcome:

Franky
01-10-11, 11:55
Thank you all,
It feels good to know that I am not the only one going throug a hard time- and this morning I panicked and made some assumptions about things that weren't even there and I felt betrayed but the only answer I got was ' its not yor bsiness- and your mentally ill:( I am not Im just depressed and had too muc and now im cracking up big time but my partner decided that he can't handle it and he chosed thhe easy way out- wile i am felt to pick up the pieces and gle myself back:(
I feel so insecure at the oment and pathetic...

Jhcdmom
01-10-11, 12:48
Its very hard to go through a break up. Not sure how long u were with this person, but if he was the one, he would stick this out with you! My husband finds it very hard to understand my panic, but he does his best to support me.

Do you take anything if the panic gets to overwhelming?

Carrera74
01-10-11, 13:34
Hello :welcome:

This is a fab site and has been such a support to me especially when I was at my lowest. My hubby has never experienced a panic attack or depression (lucky sod!) and when I was at my lowest he really struggled. So much so I thought we were over. He moved out for a few days as it all got too much for him. He couldn't handle me being so low and not being able to help but we got through it. You may just need a break from your partner. My hubby leaving gave me a shock and it helped in a way to get myself back on track.

Don't give up. You'll get there and we're here to help you :) x

Franky
01-10-11, 13:58
Hi,
Yeah it is and im having big troble coping with it as i suffer from depression too, my Gp put me on 20 mg prozac been on it fro nearly 3 weeks now. I felt a slith cnge but it takes time to makes its full effect.
My partner all he did was to pus me away and saying that im mentally ill which is a irrible thing to say to anyone- i ende up in this situation because of im, I gave up to my medical career coz i felt gilty of not being often around him... and i was there for him when he needed me bt wen my turn came he left me in the dark...now I have tis eratic out bursts and all he can say its that my not well in the ead . but thats thank to is attidute. his a bit self absorbed. Now i ave to pick up the pieces and i dont even know how or were to start.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Dear Carrera 74,
That is ery good news that you and your husband got thouugh that stormy weather. My partner is just not interested, he said we broke up and he doesnt want me anymore now he is wondering wheathr we sold stay friend coz im having a very irational behavior- thanx to im because of him i got like this in the first place but he doesnt want to see it. and im all alone now and never been in this sitation before I always had a positive attitude towards everything , not anymore. I don't know wath to do- i cant move on.

Jhcdmom
01-10-11, 13:58
You have already started by taking meds and talking on here. One step and day at a time. I take Ativan for when things het to rough, a very small amount, just .125 (basically 1/4 of a .5 mg) and it is just enough to take that edge off but not make me tired. Maybe that is something to ask your doc about. They are meant for short term,just til Prozac kicks in.

Chin up and remember, breathing and distraction are your friend:)

Franky
01-10-11, 14:17
I know the meant to be qite good, but i rather be on a prozac for now and wait a little bit dont want to overload my body with drgs too muuc as im also underweught lost a lot of weight due to stress.
Im trying to chin up but im all alone and im very angry and fustarted that my partner left me all on my own when i was there for him he just turned is back:(((

Carrera74
01-10-11, 14:23
It's early days and you will be feeling a whole load of emotions. Hurt, anger, revenge etc, etc but you will get there! Give the tablets a while longer to kick in and just take one day at a time. Don't beat yourself up about what has gone wrong with the relationship. It's hard to accept a break up at the best of times but hang on in there. You'll get there :) x

Franky
01-10-11, 14:37
Tank you very muc for the support and kind words girls...even tough rigt now sonds easy said then done someow i know i will get there....just a few hours ago I hada aptient flirting with me then one o the doctors but (im at work):P it makes me feel bad though as i feel im cheating but im not...everyting is so messed up in my head and ow because sometimes my beavior is inappropiate and i snap my partner doesnt even want to be friends he said - coz he wont be able to cope with me he said. im deeply and utterly hurt.