PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea :( embarrasing!

londonchris
30-09-11, 20:24
Hi all,

Sorry to post this on the forum, but I don't really know who else to turn to at this time on a friday.

I've had a bit of an issue the last couple of weeks with explosive diarrhea which I've never really had before.

I've been a long-term sufferer of health anxiety, with palpitations causing most of my worries, which have since developed into other concerns.

The last few months I've been having a few gastric issues, bloating feeling, indigestion, acid reflux etc.

Exactly this time last week I was feeling good and looking forward to a night out, when I came home and had a normal bowel movement. However, straight afterwards I started feeling sick. I hadn't eaten anything that evening so I don't think it was food related.

This caused a bit of worry to start up because I had been looking forward to going out and it was too late to cancel. So I decided to grin and bear it and go out.

We were dropped in town and I had a huge and sudden urge to go to the loo. I got to the bar and had to go straight into the toilet and sudden, explosive diarrhea.

I didn't feel a huge amount better that night, but I did make it through without any further problems in the toilet department so I put it down to a virus.

The rest of this week I haven't been feeling too bad. This virus which I thought I had was gone, and I was feeling a bit better.

Today, exactly a week on, I felt a little bit sick, but this afternoon I felt a bit better and this evening felt fine until dinner.

I had a takeaway kebab for dinner (greasy and bad for you I know!). This left me feeling pretty bloated and generally just very full up, but with the kind of tummy ache you get when you eat rubbish food.

Within five minutes I felt the urge again and ran upstairs, only to have explosive diarrhea once more - exactly a week on from the first time.

Obviously being a HA sufferer, my worst fears spring to mind - the big C, etc. I'm sitting here feeling pretty rough and very scared and wondered if anyone has any idea what could be wrong! The weekend is nearly upon us so I won't be able to see a Dr until Monday at the earliest :weep:

nomorepanic
30-09-11, 21:11
I get this a lot but I have IBS and Crohn's.

If it doesn't improve then go and see doc but it could just be your bowels are a bit upset at the moment so eat bland food and see how it goes.

eva82
30-09-11, 21:35
Ditto on what nicola said..I also have IBS so I've dealt with that in the past. As for eating a bland diet, a doctor once told me that if you are suffering from diarrhea you should go on the BRAT diet for a few days.

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

Anytime anyone in my family gets a tummy trouble we keep them on this diet and it helps a lot! Hope this helps..

londonchris
30-09-11, 21:41
Thanks guys that helps :) its so annoying anxiety its been cardiac health for three years, then I get phases of all kind of things. I guess this us just the latest problem to add to the others. Amazing i'm only just 24 years old too :(

mum-of-4
30-09-11, 22:00
Hi there

This definately sounds like IBS. I am a sufferer and greasy foods can trigger mine off. I never have constipation but always get the explosive diarrhea. There are a whole list of things that can trigger it but over the years I have learned that anything can trigger mine and sometimes it's not the food, but the situation.

I have tried ibs medicine that you can buy off the shelf in a chemist and it does help.

Go to your dr if it continues and you are concerned. It really does sound like IBS though.

xxxx