PDA

View Full Version : Ct scan of kidneys

mandshere2000
30-09-11, 20:38
Hiya to all,
I had a ct scan about 4wks ago the one where you have adye injected through the kidneys while the scan is being done, i had a bad reaction to it and the day after had sickness and the runs and a rash also i have a underactive thyroid and was never told by anyone before the scan that the dye could cause problems with this.
Well ive ended up with my thyroid going haywire and started the night after the scan having very bad panic/depersonalisation attacks.....i am on prozac and have been for many years.
Is there anyone out there thats had a bad reaction to a ct scan in any way at all......would love to hear from you.
Thanks
Manda xx

Chem
04-10-11, 01:12
Hi. I had a reaction to a ct scan some years ago. I also have an underactive thyroid. I felt very hot and nauseous.

Reactions to ct scans are rare and usually mild. They include feeling warm, nausea and vomiting. The symptoms last for a short period of time and don't need treatment. Moderate reactions, including severe vomiting, hives and swelling due to water retention, are even more rare. Millions of ct scans are done worlwide each year. Very few people react.

Welcome to the club of the few who do! :) If your symptoms continue, I'd suggest that you see your doctor.

bronte
04-10-11, 10:31
hi i have to have this done on friday could i ask you why you have had to have one x