PDA

View Full Version : Introducing me .... and my quirks

kahlua
15-04-04, 23:42
Hiya,

I'm Kahlua, I am 21 and live in south-west England. I have suffered with OCD since I was 11, and general anxiety / depression from 14. I am having a particularly rough time with my anxiety at the moment, especially with heart palps, and figured that joining a board, such as this, would maybe help. My current treatment is medication only .... Fluoxetine and Atenolol.

Anything else you want to know, just ask. I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully making some new friends who understand.

Kahlua

Buby
16-04-04, 00:35
hi kahlua,

sounds like u have had a bad time. well i can promise u we will all do our very best to help u. welcome aboard btw.

we will all understand all of ure problems, and will help in every way. i dont suffer from ocd but i do suffer from pa's and anxiety. There r a few youngens on here (like me) and a few older ppl who will say nethin about mads cos i dont no much bout em meself. but ne questions u wanna ask, ask away.

hugs Rachel xxxxx

Brownie
16-04-04, 07:28
hi kahlua,

Well, you have definitly come to the right place for help:). Everyone here is very friendly and helpful with any problems you are having. This site has helped me sooooo much and i hope it does the same for you.

-Christie[:I]

kate
16-04-04, 09:18
Hi Kahlua,

Welcome to the site!!

Kate x

red
16-04-04, 09:44
Hiya Kahlua - welcome aboard!

Are you aware of the many self-help 'treatments' that you could try? Medication has proved to be useful in a lot of situations and for a lot of symptoms but self - help can either help you to decrease or do away with medication over time. There is loads of information on this site which could immediately help with the anxiety induced palps that you are having a bad time with at the moment.

A good place to start for you may be here - http://nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm
Then use the search feature at the top right hand side of this page for more specifics - like "palpitations" or OCD etc.

You will find loads of help from fellow sufferers on here too - just ask away, they are all brilliant!

Good luck and take care.

Red
x

pips
16-04-04, 15:18
Hi Kahlua

Sorry to hear of your present struggles.

This is a fab site with lots of friendly people infomation & helpful advice. Welcome aboard.

Pip's XX

nomorepanic
17-04-04, 17:58
Hi Kahlua

Welcome to the sire. You will find we are all a friendly bunch so take some time to look around and let us know if you have any questions.

Nicola

kahlua
17-04-04, 23:32
Thanks for the welcome's everyone.

As I said, I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Buby
18-04-04, 01:20
hehe hey kahlua, dont get too excited, wen u no us ull run miles...hehe, (nah we're really nice.....sumtimes) hehe. not only will this site help u, it will also tickle u till ure inside fall out ure mouth, (we r really funny) hehe, enjoy! xxxx

Meg
18-04-04, 13:28
Hi Kahlua,

I hope you've managed to have a good look around the site .

What form does your OCD and anxiety take and how are the palpitaions now ?

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

me
18-04-04, 21:44
hi kahlua, welcome to this wonderful site, there is so much helpful infomation and so many kind understanding people here, im sure you will find it a great help x i used to have palpitations oh they are horrible i used to feel like my heart was going to pop out but the doctor promised me it wouldnt and it hasnt.....thank goodness ha ha keep in touch take care love from mary x

emmah
29-04-04, 14:49
Hi Kahlua - I have had clinical depression since I was 6 (it's hereditary) and I have found a book called Climbing out of Depression to be the most helpful self-help book I've ever read.
Can't remember who it's by but I know I found it on Amazon once, and it's not expensive.
Also, medication helps loads especially with counselling too.
I used to be ill more than I was well, but I haven't had a bad episode now for over six months, which is a minor miracle for me, so there is hope.
I found keeping a daily journal of how rubbish I felt, and grading each day, helped me see patterns and also see that some days I did feel OK.
The other thing that was a revelation to me, it's in the book, is the principle of goodenough - it means that it is OK to do something so it's goodenough, you don't have to be perfect.
I hope this helps a bit.
Love Emma xx

seh1980
24-05-04, 15:36
Hello there Kahlua,
I'm glad you found this site!! I have only known about if for a few weeks and it has already helped me loads. I'm sure you will find it just as helpful.
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)