PDA

View Full Version : Feel so stressed right now

phil06
01-10-11, 00:19
I feel so stressed with things at the moment. I was meant to have a birthday night out tomorrow asked 40+ people mates, work people and may have to cancel or go in tiny low numbers like two or three or just call it off as they all let me down. I arranged it six weeks in advance and got alot of maybes sounded positive but now they all ignored me.

My long term mates are settling down and not going out as much so I'm keen to make new friends.

Also being single is not helping I keep hoping things will improve but the past two or three years has been difficult to change much despite changes in jobs.

I've not been sleeping well staying up until 4am some nights. I just feel exhausted trying to change my life and improve it nothing seems content since my last ex and job I enjoyed about 3/4 years ago. Will it improve as I feel so low right now and it's making my OCD, health anxiety continue and get worse some days?

Anxious_gal
01-10-11, 00:55
How did you go about the invites? In person or via facebook?
The people that are worth being friends with will show up.
I've often gone out on birthdays with a small group of close friends, it's always way better than a bit group of people or a huge party.
Don't cancel just remind people to come along on the day :)

phil06
01-10-11, 00:58
How did you go about the invites? In person or via facebook?
The people that are worth being friends with will show up.
I've often gone out on birthdays with a small group of close friends, it's always way better than a bit group of people or a huge party.
Don't cancel just remind people to come along on the day :)

I invited both ways :shrug:

Well the ones who may go I hardly see so I just feel so depressed about it I really wanted new people to go.

I'm thinking of going to do an evening class at college, just anything to meet new people.

I put so much pressure on myself.

WillyB
01-10-11, 13:55
An evening class sounds like a great idea, it will get you out the house and help move your focus away from your problems and fears to whatever you're studying. I'm also very stressed at the moment and im putting a huge amount of pressure on myself, which i think is making my intrusive thoughts worse.