PDA

View Full Version : Angina (wrong diagnosis?) freaking out!

Dazza
01-10-11, 10:34
I've been suffering from anxiety / panic attacks for 3 1/2 years now... I've kind of managed to get on top of them mostly...they used to rule my daily life...

Things have been going quite ok, until recently I was diagnosed with gastritis again..... not a really worry for me in itself....

but two days ago, I started to feel a little breathless on the left hand side, when trying to sleep...then it went in the morning and came back in the afternoon. My partner said i should get it checked out...so I went to ER / A&E at my local hospital (I live in Vietnam,, where doctors speak some English, but not fluenty). After asking me a few questions....I told the doc my symptoms and that I didn't really get pain with it, more like discomfort down left side of upper body... he immediately (before ANY tests) said ''you have unstable angina'', ''it's the start of your heart disease!!!'' OMG, i totally freaked out... after 4 hours in EER they let me out, the cardiologist spoke to me and when I said there was not really pain, he said it must be your gastritis.....

Since then, I've not been able to switch off my mine, i've been crying, and experiencing chest pains / shortness of breath. I hate it..... I wish he had never said I had angina, i'm driving myself insane with it now, I just tried to take a nap but my mind is racing so much and i feel... I was doing well at managing my anxiety, but today it's now sky high again and feels like it's possessed me. My mind is fighting with itself saying it's ok, then oh no, you've got unstable angina, so you will have a heart attack soon!!!! I'm now thinking about paying to have a coronary MRI next week to set my mind at ease....

I've had many heart tests over the past few years, all normal results. Recent blood tests showed normal cholesterol, triglyceride and blood pressure levels. Last night, my blood pressure was 140/70... a bit high i think, but then he had just told me i had heart disease when he measured it!!!! Sorry for the long post, I just needed to let it out!!!! xxx

Megan73
01-10-11, 16:02
Hi

Sorry to hear you are not well at moment.

Haven't got any advice for you sorry but all I can say is my mum has angina and she has severe pain in her chest when she has an attack, last time "it took her breath away" .

You have to believe the cardiologist no pain no angina. If they thought you had it they would give you further tests, like angiogram, heart ct, ecg etc. My mum had all of these and I would say she has not got bad angina.

Hope this puts you mind at rest.

Megan