PDA

View Full Version : things that keep you going

andy2
01-10-11, 13:46
hi everyone. wondered if everyone wanted to share for everybody, the things that keep them going. everybody must have atleast one thing that makes them smile or give you a momentarily break from the nonsense in there head.

mine is my son.. he is 4 years old now and has downs syndrome. he is sitting next to me just now with his face covered in chocolate watching peppa pig. he has had a tough life but is coming through it like the star he is.

just wondered what things made you smile.

eternally optimistic
01-10-11, 14:07
I like a simple life and I love things like looking a pretty sky line and being able to appreciate it.

By the peppa pig and chocolate sounds like a great combination . . . . .

Carrera74
01-10-11, 14:10
. he is sitting next to me just now with his face covered in chocolate watching peppa pig. he has had a tough life but is coming through it like the star he is.

Aw, that made me smile :) x

Mine is hearing my kids laughing together. Nothing beats it. Its nice to hear rather than treading on eggshells!

My youngest has ASD and he's fighting his 14 year old hormones too. Moody is an understatement but we shared a joke earlier and he reminded me that all this stress is worth it.

william wallace
01-10-11, 14:19
Cooking for family and friends. Two of my sisters and their husbands are coming for Sunday lunch tomorrow.
French Onion Soup with cheesy, garlicy croutons.
Coq au vin blanc.
Tart au Citron (lime cheesecake)
Cheese, wine and maybe a wee malt for the lads to aid with the digestion:D

andy2
01-10-11, 14:22
oh you can come cook for me if you want. mmmmmmmmm

KayleighJane
01-10-11, 17:01
what a lovely thread :) mine is definately my amazing family and friends and my lovely boyfriend, they have all helped me through some hard times in recent months when my anx was so bad and I could not see a way out.

They have never judged me or given me a hard time for having anxiety and panic, they have just helped and supported me and they keep me going!

Kayleigh x

Bruno58
01-10-11, 17:48
We all need something to take our minds of the depression etc...I'm winning at the moment although it may not last.

I have quite a few methods which work for me.

Seeing my clubmates for an hour or so at the club flying field, I did build and fly R/C model aircraft but not done any of that for 6 years now, I'm still a club member though and go there when I can.

Going for a spin in the Jag :shades:
I'm restricted driving much due to pain in my legs so local trips for now which is not good.

I have a son, he's 28 and has found found his lady/partner/friend at last, I'm really pleased about the situation he has now:)

J.