PDA

View Full Version : I did a google and now got myself worried:-(

Savannah
02-10-11, 09:56
I posted last week that I had been to my GP the week before about some spots on my face. I have adult acne and usually get 2-3 nasty spots at a time every so often. They are cysts so come up really angry and painful.

This time I had my spots for a couple of weeks then they suddenly started weeping fluid and were so sore. GP said they were infected and gave me fucidic acid. It worked well and they went but I am left with scars. Then last week another popped up on my nose, a really nasty red pimple type spot, very painful and the area around it swelled up, I looked like I had been punched in the nose! Within 2 days of using the cream it had gone down alot, it is now still there but flat.

My GP said it was probably my adult acne but asked if my children had impetigo. I said no, as none of them do. I then googled Impetigo and got myslf in a tizz about the complications it can cause, septicemia being one of them. I ended up reading about a whole load of skin conditions and have myself worried sick that these aren't just regular spots.

I have looked at pictures of Impetigo and they look nothing like what I had to be honest but GP kept asking me about it, the 2 times I saw him. They were big sore painful lumps like my regular spots that then had a little yellow head that weeped a few times before then healing. The Fucidic acid did dry them out and cause the skin to peel which was weird, it also really dried the skin. Normal?

I had 3 sore glands up in my jaw this week, but I always get these when my spots are bad. Does anyone else get this?? I am worrying now that there is something awful going on and I am at risk of septicemia:-( GP said I could try oral antibiotics if I thought it was getting worse but I have IBS so he said he woudl rather I just used the topical cream. It has helped and my skin is so much clearer, just the one on my nose still looks a bit red. I can' thelp but worry now though that I've had something bad and more may come up.

It is the fear of septicemia concerning me, but surely that is very rare. Surely I would have known if I had impetigo, looking at the pictures on google it is really crusty and itchy looking.

Anxious_gal
02-10-11, 11:27
I don't understand how you can get blood poisoning , septicaemia from achne ,
It's very rare for anyone to get it , but with surgical procedures it's a risk.
Maybe you should google pics of acne instead, the only thing I know of it the spot can turn into a cyst , which can look very big and painful.
Google aspirin masks, it works wonders on shrinking a sore spot.

Carrera74
02-10-11, 11:39
I had impetigo years ago and the doc never mentioned septicaemia. Just that it's soooo contagious and itchy! Yak.

If I get a bad bout of acne my glands go up too. Your body is just fighting the infection. Keep up with the cream and stay off google (I'm just as bad lol).

My daughter has bad skin due to her hormones but the antibiotics didn't help her and she is now on dianette which cleared her skins in weeks. I'm not sure if this could help you too?

Savannah
02-10-11, 14:39
Thank you.

No I read it can be a complication of Impetigo, hence why I was concerned the GP thought I had it.

Hopefully it's just very bad acne.

I should know better, I haven't googled things in years because I know it can be dangerous:winks:

I don't understand how you can get blood poisoning , septicaemia from achne ,
It's very rare for anyone to get it , but with surgical procedures it's a risk.
Maybe you should google pics of acne instead, the only thing I know of it the spot can turn into a cyst , which can look very big and painful.
Google aspirin masks, it works wonders on shrinking a sore spot.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Thank you for your reply Carrera.

How was it when you had Impetigo? I googled pictures and it looked nothing like what I had.

My GP said my acne spots had a secondary infection and gave me Fusidic Acid cream which worked well but I am still scarred by my mouth from one, it has almost gone down now though.

My spots grew really big, and the one by my eye was a cyst, it was huge and fleshy like it was full of fluid and if knocked it would weep yellow fluid, it would then form another dry head and weep again, this went on for 4 days. I had the same with the one by my mouth but just not as bad. THe one on my nose was different, it just wept a little if i knocked the head on it, but it looked just like a spot. The whole area around it swelled up too, Impetigo doesn't do that surely?

My glands come up every time i have bad spots and my spots do get really bad, my GP said it is unusual for glands to come up with spots?? but I get cystic type spots.

I can't go on the pill, I was on that one though as a teenager for my acne and it worked well. I was on the pill last year and i came off it last September and since then I have suffered with these awful spots.:blush:

QUOTE=Carrera74;883402]I had impetigo years ago and the doc never mentioned septicaemia. Just that it's soooo contagious and itchy! Yak.

If I get a bad bout of acne my glands go up too. Your body is just fighting the infection. Keep up with the cream and stay off google (I'm just as bad lol).

My daughter has bad skin due to her hormones but the antibiotics didn't help her and she is now on dianette which cleared her skins in weeks. I'm not sure if this could help you too?[/QUOTE]

Carrera74
02-10-11, 14:47
The impetigo started as a spot but it then went scabby. Sounds lovely eh. It's more like a scab that itches and if you itch it it spreads. I looked like I had grazed my chin badly and it had scabbed over.

Savannah
02-10-11, 15:28
Thanks, from the pictures i saw on google, it looked like a thick yellow bumpy scab, they say like brown sugar? and it weeps? is that right? Mine were spots that I had 2 weeks and then got a yellow mark on top that would ooze yellow stuff then dry up, then ooze again, then dry up.... this went on for about 3-4 days but then it stopped. They had been there for about 2 weeks before that started though, they were just my usual nasty spots. They never itched.

Carrera74
02-10-11, 15:29
Impetigo is very itchy!!!

Savannah
02-10-11, 15:50
Ahhh, mine wasn't at all. Thank you.