PDA

View Full Version : venlaflaxine and an ileostomy

tinkerJ
02-10-11, 13:49
After being on seroxat for years I have finally come off them and now switched to velaflaxine , first the tablet form was coming through undigested in my ileostomy bag ( I had ulcerative colitis and had surgery 8 years ago to have my large bowel removed and as a result has an ileostomy ) so my GP changed them to the capsule form I have been on these now for 2 weeks but it seems all my anxiety and panice attacks have come back:weep: I spoke to a dr last week she said to persevere as they take a while I am just worried I am not absorbing them :shrug: and also can you take herbal nytol or the normal nytol with this medication as I am not able to get to sleep :weep: ?

Chem
04-10-11, 00:43
It usually takes at least 3 weeks for meds to become effective, so I think your doc is right to say persevere with the capsules if you can.

As far as the Nytol, ask to speak to the pharmacist at your chemist's. Explain about your ileostomy and the Velaflaxine. He will tell you if you are OK to take the Nytol, or maybe recommend something else.