PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Nodes - Again!! ugh

swgrl09
03-10-11, 15:07
So I was doing ok with my lymph node issue, until this morning! So I am at work and my coworker mentions that she is going to the doctor because when she twists her neck she can feel a lymph node.

My issue is that I can feel a lot of lymph nodes in my neck, even when not twisting it around! They don't move around much and aren't tiny. Honestly, I cannot remember a time where I couldn't feel them though! I know I was sick one time as a kid and they were so swollen that I couldn't swallow, and since then I think I have always been able to feel them in my neck. They are at least a cm if not bigger up by my jaw, but there are some that I can feel lower down in the middle of my neck. I know that it is probably normal and I have had my neck felt at literally every yearly gyno appointment and nothing odd has been noticed, but I am worried again. ugh.

Wish I could just forget this stuff!! Anybody have the same issue?

AllInMyHead
03-10-11, 15:25
I haven't got the same issue, but I've read lots of times on here that they can come up when you're poorly and then not go down again, so it sounds that's what's happened with you when you were young. No doubt someone with direct experience will confirm soon.

swgrl09
03-10-11, 19:05
I logically know you are right. I just wish that I could make the logic side of my brain and the feeling/emotion side of my brain work together, because right now emotion is winning. Ugh

hyg
03-10-11, 21:21
Hey
Oh I have so been thru this one ! After a swine flu vaccination 3 winters ago my neck nodes came up and took ages to go down-in the end my Gp sent me for a chest xray and a neck scan and apart from them finding a thyroid cyst (which was something else to worry about ) everything was fine. In the uk its protocol to have investigations if nodes dont go down after 6 weeks. The ENT doc explained that its NORMAL to feel lymph nodes as they are doing their job fighting infection and if you,ve ever been ill the nodes dont shrink back to original size. The more you pay around with the nodes the more they ll swell so try and leave them alone. Its sounds like this has been going on for a while with you so it cant be acute -so dont worry. x

Gemma T
04-10-11, 00:09
Hi babe. I wouldn't worry.

About 3 yrs ago I had a pain in my neck. Felt hard, looked like a mass and was hot. Was like it for 6 months and a scan showed my lymph node was enlarged. I eventually sa an ent and it was put down to normal bodly reactions. It eventually went but plays up. Normally when I'm ill, tired or run down. Doc said its perfectly normal for it to be overactive now. The mass was nothing but muscle (fat lol)

U will find it may always trouble u but its perfectly ok. My friend has a permanently enlarged gland in her neck. Its really massive yet she's had it years.

I was told that sometimes they don't return to normal.

Hope this helps

Love Gem x x x

swgrl09
04-10-11, 12:50
thanks everyone, i feel a little better. i know nothing has changed or gotten worse, so no reason to worry. i just freak easily! i also have a bad neck with loads of muscle knots which prob isnt helping me.