PDA

View Full Version : A short Note about Friendship - from Wikipedia.

Rous
04-10-11, 03:47
Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis:

- The tendency to desire what is best for the other.

- Sympathy and empathy.

- Honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart.

- Mutual understanding and compassion; ability to go to each other for emotional support.

- Enjoyment of each other's company.

- Trust in one another.

- Positive reciprocity — a relationship is based on equal give and take between the two parties.

- The ability to be oneself, express one's feelings and make mistakes without fear of judgement.

- It is very important to have honesty, trust, sympathy, respect and helpfulness in friendship.

Bill
04-10-11, 03:59
Very true.

I have a personal motto that I believe in...

"Always treat others as you yourself would wish to be treated". In that way, if you are deserving of friends, they will come but if they are nasty then they are treated in the way you yourself would expect to be treated.:)

paula lynne
04-10-11, 10:14
Excellent post Rous, Im nicking it hahahah x:D
P x

allergyphobia
04-10-11, 10:29
:hugs:
xxx

Rous
04-10-11, 18:14
That's a good one Bill. :D

Thot ye might Paula. LOL :winks:

Thx AP. :hugs:

Ingenious
04-10-11, 18:35
This is the important one for me:

The ability to be oneself, express one's feelings and make mistakes without fear of judgement.

The best friend I have is one with whom I am able to be 100% honest and open with, about everything I do - and have done. In fact they know more about me than my family and parents. That's so liberating, and when you find friendship that extends to that level it does bring so much goodness into your life :)

Rous
04-10-11, 20:45
That's one of the important ones for me too Ingenious. :winks: