PDA

View Full Version : common anxiety with headache!

sarahblonde32
04-10-11, 10:09
Ok, im wondering how many people get worried when they get headaches??!
I'm not usually a headache sufferer, but just lately i wake up in the night with a headache, or in the morning, a painful headache, the type that makes you want to close your eyes and not move. not a migraine i dontthink, though ive never had one...just a headache. could it be my neck? have a bit of neck trouble and im wondering whether to get a memory foam pillow?
i wake and open the window and drink water as i assume maybe im dehydrated, even though i drink alot of water. then i keep getting a pain behind my eye too...
help im thinking the worst....and dr google isn't helping!
sarah

swgrl09
04-10-11, 12:58
I have had neck trouble ever since a whiplash injury in early 2010. There are many nights where I sleep badly or on a bad pillow and wake up with a headache all day. Getting a memory foam pillow was very helpful for me. I actually have 2 and I switch between them based on how my neck is feeling. One is one of those contoured pillows, and I really use that when my neck is really in bad shape. The other is shaped like a regular pillow but is memory foam. That is the one I use all the time. It's worth trying out!

Mr.Jitters
04-10-11, 13:30
Sounds like the good old painful tension headaches I get during the night and first thing in the morning. I can't recommend a memory foam pillow strongly enough. I have a countoured one that I can't live without. The first night was a little uncomfortable as I got used to it, but it helps me sleep right through the night now, and I really notice the difference if I don't use it. Something that people often overlook is the stress on their neck and back during the day, too. I got one of those "sit right" contraptions from JML for when I'm sat down during the day. I only need it for about an hour a day, it makes such a difference.
Feel better soon, Sarah!

sarahblonde32
05-10-11, 11:22
thanks, looks like a new pillow is in order then!

sarah

hyg
05-10-11, 12:51
Hi
it could be a bad tension headache but the you said pain behing the eye-which is a classic migraine sign ( I get these ) Try a memory pillow and if it doesnt work you could always see your GP-for reassurance more than anything x