PDA

View Full Version : Can this really be purely run-down/anxiety/muscular? (left arm and skipped beats)

VioletWings
04-10-11, 17:38
Hi there,

My problem is that I have been run-down just lately (after a virus), and with that I got left arm pains. Now they have subsided, but I have been experiencing skipped beats -which are not a very usual symptom for me and only happen on occasion. I wondered if the skipped beats are because my body still isn't up to doing a lot and as I am trying to do a tiny bit other than lay down/sit down nearly all day.
Also, when I have been walking, I start to get a discomfort feeling in my upper left arm. I don't have to have gone very far to get this.
I mentioned it to my doctor today who thought it was just muscular, and nothing sinister. I think it's just the fact I have been getting odd skipped beats the last few days (which of course I forgot to say to my doctor!)
So I'm just wondering if anyone can identify with these symptoms or what it sounds like?? I have had heart tests just over a year ago (echo and 24hr holter) and nothing bad was reported.

I also have found when I'm walking I feel like I can feel every step through my body, especially my chest. Anyway sorry if I've gone on, thanks for reading and any replies.

Anxious_gal
04-10-11, 18:37
If it helps my heart palpitations go crazy when ever I am tired, in pain, that time of month or when I am sick.

I had a flu last winter and it took me a good six weeks to feel 100% better.

My muscles are really weak, walking up town today I had a cramp in one leg and sharp pains in the other.
Also the weather doesn't help, sitting down too much too can stiffen you up.

OMG I get that too, when I walk it's like I feel it too much, now not had in a while but I totally remember almost being able to feel the pressure/sensation from walking in my chest.
sometimes too it can feel like I am walking on a bouncy castle.

I get funny heart beats every day , some days worse than others, so I think your are safe enough getting them, I guess you could mention them to your doctor next time.
Skipped beats aren't really dangerous :)

VioletWings
04-10-11, 22:33
Thank you so much for your reply, mishel. It's good to know I'm not the only one with these odd sensations!!