PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! feeling really anxious and tearful

mandshere2000
04-10-11, 20:14
Hi,
Could any help calm me......what makes me so scared is the far away feeling from everything....... almost like cannot feel my body and this probably sounds silly but almost feels like my brain is shutting off:scared15: i and i know lack of sleep does,nt help and stress also which i have lots and lots of.......but i think i have some kind of phobia about taking any new meds etc scared they might trigger it of or make how i am feeling worse......i have some betablockers and took half 40mg weeks ago and i think that these are probably for the physical symtoms of panic because i swear it just made me feel more far away......hope some one can tell me that they,ve taken betablockers for thoughts in the head and its calmed them down......then i think i will try them again.......i just need somthing to help.....i was also given small ammount of valium to take has and when but only took few times......to scared to take more......my mother was addicted to these for 30 yrs and i had to watch her have withdrawal which was terrible to witness hasm a child so i think thats scared me so much......but i,m even scared to take bachs rescue remedy even though i have the spray,drops and pastiles:wacko: don,t know why i brought these either because years ago i took some of the drops and convinced myself they made me worse.......whats wrong with me:scared15: i seem to have some good days then slightest bit off stress sets me off.
Sorry such a long post but when i am anxious i type more.
Manda

Mr.Jitters
04-10-11, 20:24
Hi Manda,

Sorry to hear you're really going through the wringer at the moment.

Taking a low dose of Valium will not harm you. Generally, it takes around a month for them to become addictive at higher doses. Valium has a longer half life than many other benzodiazepines which makes it quite safe to take when required, or every few days to help you rest. They'll help your mind relax, and lift the worst of the anxiety.

Which beta blockers have you been given? 40mg is a low dose of some of the shorter acting beta blockers like propranolol, and will help ease the worst of the physical symptoms of anxiety but have very few side effects.

It's very easy to get stuck in a cycle of anxiety when stress hits you hard, and quite hard to break out of it. I'm guessing you're scared of losing control, or taking drugs that might make you feel worse when you're experiencing depersonalization/derealization. That's always how I was. I wanted something to help me feel real, rather than make me feel drowsy and out of control. But your body needs rest, and that's why you're feeling out of sorts.

I've just taken beta blockers and 2.5mg of Valium to prepare myself to sleep after a very stressful day. It's hard to let go and rest, but it's the best thing you can do. Your body will look after itself while you regain your strength, don't worry.

Hope you feel better soon!

Kam

paula lynne
04-10-11, 20:24
Hi there, are you the lady who PMd me about PMT? I think so :shrug:?
Anyway, what you are describing sounds a bit like depersonalisation, a kind of far away feeling. You know where you are, who you are with, and what you are saying, but its like swimming in custard.......something doesnt feel right. Please know that while this is a disturbing feeling, it will not hurt you. I get it constantly 2 weeks out of 4, and I know a lot of members get it.

You obviously suffer with severe PMT as you described to me, and that can really make the feelings worse as the anxiety climbs too. I hope some of the suggestions I sent you helps you.

I think you need to give the meds a chance. You were prescribed them for a reason. You need to take them for at least a month, so you can evaluate how you feel before, during, and after your period. If you feel worried and confused, do what I did and write a little diary for yourself about how you feel that day and any sensations you are having. In this way, you can look back over the month and identify any highs and lows, you can then take this info back to your doctor who may want to review your meds.

Try lavender oil to calm yourself, and re-breathe using your hands or a paper bag, I can tell from the way youve written your post how anxious and panic ridden you are tonight. I hope you feel better soon.
Best wishes, Paula x