PDA

View Full Version : hi, new member suffering panic attacks

em79
04-10-11, 21:08
Hi,
I've had panic attacks for around 12 years was originally put on anafril which worked wonderfully and made me feel like my old self again within a couple of weeks. I gradually came off them but when I started feeling bad again I was prescribed cipralex. I took these successfully for a few years on and off, also tried counselling and CBT with limited success. I have recently started to feel worse, high anxiety and panic attacks, and so the doctor suggested switching to 50mg seteraline (with propanalol to take as and when). I'm on day 11 and have had a particuarly bad day today. Has anyone got any experience switching meds like this? and how long did it take for the anxiety & panic attacks to subside?

diane07
04-10-11, 21:09
Hi em79

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

suzy-sue
04-10-11, 23:20
Hi and :welcome:to NMP .It can take anything between 3-6 weeks for the meds to settle Hope you feel better soon .luv Sue x

paula lynne
04-10-11, 23:31
:welcome:Welcome to the forum x

Vanilla Sky
04-10-11, 23:37
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

em79
05-10-11, 08:37
Thankyou for all your kind words :) I suppose I just need to be patient and I will start to feel better over the next couple of weeks. It's hard to be patient as the timing is dreadful (just gone back to uni after a long summer) so really struggling with that, and I don't want to have too much time off.