PDA

View Full Version : Cant carry on like this

AnxiousMummy
04-10-11, 21:59
Im so fed up and upset

my quality of sleep has been sapped due to headaches and head pressure in my temples and bloody vibrating head whch keeps waking me up whilst im trying to sleep as well as constantly vibrating legs and muscle twitches i feel out of it with the head zaps and now stomach cramps and sharp achey pains in eyes and shooting pains in the head- the list goes on

No more panic attacks soo why do i feel so crap - i do have tonsilitous which i got scrpt for penicillin i just feel im going to crack under the pressure

i really cant cope anymore i have a beautiful 10 week old boy and i just dont have the energy for him anymore

i just keep thinking i have something wrong inside my brain and every time i rationalise the thought some new symptom crops up - right this second im convince i have somesort of cancer that has spread to my brain

I want the old happy rational me back not this nutcase who feels ill all the time its dragging me down

cathycrumble
04-10-11, 22:21
Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. It does sound like you are really over tired and your nerves are sesitized at the moment which makes you have one shit thought after another. Claire weeks books are good at explainting this and how to help yourself get back to normal. It could be a bit of postnatal depression. You need lots of rest, I know that maybe hard with your new baby but you should try and pamper yourself a little. Ask your healthvisitor for some advise and remember these thoughts are irrational. I hope this helps a bit. I had postnatal depression with my first baby and I had help which does help you understand why you are going through this.

Cathy xx

hyg
04-10-11, 22:31
Hi
Its hard to be rational when you feel crap isnt it.Are you getting enough sleep ? as if your getting up with your baby then sleep deprivation can give these head symptoms.My first baby was a bad sleeper and it really got me down-I remember having the head zaps and migraine headaches-I was just tired. Is there anyway you could sleep through the day when the baby does ? Your hormones will be all over the place as well making you feel anxious and unable to cope-I really feel for you as I ve been there. Maybe you need to offload on someone-a friend or health visitor- or on here !! Take care:hugs:

AnxiousMummy
05-10-11, 15:47
i get loads of sleep i have a very good baby ...im trying to convince myself its just due to the tension i carry around in my neck .... im resisting the urge to bolt to the doctors ... im going out this weekend with some friends hoping that will make me feel better but scared im gonna get in a panic and ruin everyone elses night ... Thanks for your replies :) ...my health visitor does not come anymore ... im doing CBT but its over the phone and she basically reads from a script thats on her computer ... she calls me for 20 mins every week just listing of the pages in the pamphlet i need to work through its a waste of time !!

countrygirl
05-10-11, 22:44
Could you be suffering from post natal depression??? I only ask as I had a friend who was a physical and emotional wreck and everyone kept saying it was just anxiety or her hormones but turned out to pnd - she was perfectly fine after a course of tablets.

Its just a thought and I could be completely wrong of course:)