PDA

View Full Version : Pls read!!!!!!!!!

katyfitz
05-10-11, 00:17
i have a friend who worried me the other day and i cant stop thinking about it.

we were sitting in the pub and all of a sudden she got a hot sweat and thought she was gonna pass out her heart was racing and she needed air. She really scared herself but ever since she has times where she'll sit there and all of a sudden she'll need air as she gets some palpitations and hot flushes and then will go back to normal again. She's 41 and thinks it could be the onset of menopause. Anyone on here gone through it and can let me know or put my mind at rest cause its worrying me and i suffer anxiety where i worry excessively about other people and there health x

Chem
05-10-11, 03:26
She very possibly could be menopausal, or maybe she has panic attacks she's not told you about.

All you can do is suggest she sees her doctor if it's worrying her. No use worrying about it if she's not.

scottwilson
05-10-11, 19:07
From what you've said it sounds like she's in the starting stage of the meno as a man I can't relate to much but I am guessing that the hot flashes are making her panic and induces panic attacks maybe not full blow but enough to make her faint. Other then that I couldn't say much else.

snowwhite
05-10-11, 19:10
Oh Absolutely! Yes, it definately sounds menopausal! Actually, judging by yer age, it's more like PERImenopause .... which are the years leading up to actual menopause, no more periods. The PERImenopausal years can be hell...I am living through that right now, and it's not good! The symptoms are incredible, and they mimic other true diseases, so you live in constant fear!
I know what she's living through, believe me! I also know, that anxiety alone can do that..Iv'e had that too.

One way or the other, I hope she's alright!