PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lymph Node under armpit! Advice needed!! :(

alwaysworrying19
05-10-11, 14:04
Hi
Recently I have become obessessed with what I believe is a swollen lymph node under my right armpit. Its been there for quite a long time now and last year I had it checked by a doctor who didn't really say much about it other than had I noticed any other lumps on my body which I hadn't and still don't have! It's not hard and feels 'squishy' when I squeeze it. It also seems as it I can move it slightly.
If this was lymphoma cancer would I have other symptoms and if so what would they be?
All this worry has started due to reading a story about a young man (exactly my age) dying from lymphoma cancer days after being diagnosed which has shocked me massively and caused my worry.
Therefore I am looking for some advice and reassurance.
I am a 20 year old female.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Just to add, when looking at the armpit, you can't really see that it is swollen. Don't know if this makes any difference!

Anxious_gal
05-10-11, 14:11
You would have more than one swollen lymph node, and the lymph node would swell up pretty big and may be tender and you would feel ill.

Anytime I heard of someone being diagnosed it was because they had lots of lymph nodes popping up all over the place.

I guess you could ask your doctor again next time your there for the extra reassurance :)

alwaysworrying19
05-10-11, 14:21
Thanks for both of your replies. You have both started to help put my mind at ease a little about it! :D

Novemberangel, I thought shaving could be a cause for mine as I do shave my underarms quite often. Did you friends go down eventually or did she stop shaving to help it?

Itsallinmyhead416
06-10-11, 12:47
I know how you feel, I've had swollen lymph nodes under my arm pit twice before. I too was very worried about it because it was very tender and sometimes hurt when I would touch it. I went to the doctor and they took some blood but they assured me that it was nothing to worry about. My wife had one under her arm and it was due to an ingrown hair. Sometimes when your sick your lymph nodes tend to swell up.

Mine eventually went away. My doctor told me that we have lymph nodes all over are body to include, arms, neck, pelvic and legs and its practically normal. I know its hard but try not to worry too much.