PDA

View Full Version : depression and unwanted thoughts

april tones
16-04-04, 09:38
hi as some of you might remember me saying i have pnd and am now having treatment. ive had deppression before but uwanted thoughts wasnt big problem, it seems to be now though. is it linked? it seeems that like with panic attacks i dont like going to places where i have felt upset or had a bad time of unwanted thoghts. I seem to be ok till i go to these places, like the houses i clean for my job. my tablets have helped but still got this thoughhts trying to push through. They distress me as they are thoughts totally out of my charachter, and not relevent really, feels like i got a good angel and bad devil in my head, any one understand?

apriltones

nomorepanic
17-04-04, 18:47
April

Not wanting to go somewhere where the problems were is quite normal. We relate the place to those horrid feelings. We all do this.

Take a look at this previous post to see if it helps explain things better ....

good read links physical and emotional (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=740)

Nicola

april tones
17-04-04, 21:00
hi nicola, i read that post, it was interesting. is there any other info on unwanted thoughhtds or obsessional thoughts? thanks x

apriltones

nomorepanic
18-04-04, 13:35
Hi April

If you enter "obsessional thoughts" in the search box at the top of the screen, you will find about 10 results. Maybe some posts there that help you.

If you can't find them,let me know.

Nicola

Laurie28
19-04-04, 09:56
April,

Pls remember they are just thoughts, they can't harm you but the more you dwell on them the more frequently you will have them (does that make sense?)

lucky

april tones
20-04-04, 10:33
yeah, i agree. i do try not too but they are fighting to get through when im at my weakest and when they do, the cycle starts again, vicous circle, gettin g better though as deppression is lifting, thanks lucky, take care

apriltones

irbuds
15-05-04, 00:30
Just to let you know that I entirely identify with the unwanted thoughts and in my case was part of GAD, drove me nuts. For me any way the key to getting the thoughts to stop was hard but essentially was following the principle of letting the thoughts come, ignore them, dont give them importance and distract yourself when the cycle starts. My thoughts in fact all my thoughts felt intrusive and I thought at the very least instanity was nearing. Not so of course. I was not mentally ill and once I lost the fear of it they stopped. I can think of the thoughts now and they dont bether me in the least. Try not to feed the thoughts if you get me, as soon as they start up relax, pay least attention, avoid getting drawn into the circle of thoughts and on pupose do somthing to distrct yourself and if required to a mental game. A good one for me was naming all the boys and girls names through the apllhabet. It takes perseverance but you will get through this, believing you will is half the battle.

Good Luck

Meg
15-05-04, 00:34
Thoughts not instructions.

Meg

april tones
15-05-04, 22:54
cheers, thats really good advice. I find im getting alot better and hardly get them any more, they still there if i think though. Horrible that i will never feel normal again so to speak x

apriltones

Meg
15-05-04, 23:25
Who says you'll never feel normal again ?

It may be sooner than you think.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
18-05-04, 14:29
thanks, rthats really positive for me. i am feeling back to normal in more ways than i realise but some im not like the thoughts

apriltones