PDA

View Full Version : Recurring trapped wind worry

werka
06-10-11, 08:06
Hi all,

First post here. I found this place and joined because I was hoping that you guys could put my mind at rest...

For the last few months I've had what feels like recurring trapped wind, but having hardly had it prior to that I don't know if what I'm feeling is normal or if I've got reason to panic. Basically I get it most days (it's not permanent, it goes away and then comes back again) - it's not terribly painful, just a discomfort and a bloated feeling, and also sometimes like a 'stitch' feeling in my back. It seems to be worse when I have fizzy drinks, spicy food or alcohol (though with alcohol it brings on the aforementioned 'stitch' feeling as much as the bloatedness), and when it's here, and even when it eases slightly - and this is what worries me - it feels like it's more than a temporary thing, like there's something solid there...but as I said, that feeling isn't permanent, it's around the times of the 'attacks'.

I'm not a hypochondriac, so it took a lot to make me post here, but it's just worrying me a lot, so I just wanted to know if that sounded consistent with trapped wind caused by a dietary issue, or whether it was symptomatic of something else.

Thanks for your understanding.

vicky23
06-10-11, 14:23
well it certainly sounds like trapped wind but the only way you're going to get a proper diagnosis is to go to your Dr and he will examine your tummy. From there you can start to take measures to get rid of the feeling like drinking ginger tea, chewing your food reaaaally well before swallowing, not eating on the go etc
I really doubt that it's anything to worry about it definitley sounds like trapped wind especially when you mention the fizzy drinks making it worse, but the only way you're going to get peace of mind is by going to a Dr for an examination I'm afraid. I've had tummy issues in the past and they always do an examination, it's not painful or uncomfortable at all they just touch your tummy and press lightly into it in certain places.

suzy-sue
06-10-11, 14:27
I have this issue at times .Avoid fizzy drinks ,spicy food and White bread even Pizza s..It will help .T/c Sue x

Anxious_gal
06-10-11, 15:14
Try probiotics, also a deep warm bath can help move the wind along as can some light excerise :)