PDA

View Full Version : Hugs please

mcray1981
06-10-11, 13:41
Hey guys,

Not so much an introduction as I have been here before but just a request for some hugs and to hear that it will be ok.

I've been ok for a while now (about 8 months) and in that time have been enjoying life. But for a whole number of reasons things are getting on top of me again and I'm scared that the blue sky I have been treasuring for so long won't come back.

I dont want to not be able to cope, I want to be strong for my wife and I want us both to be happy but I'm finding it hard today.

vicky23
06-10-11, 13:59
that's great you've been doing well and enjoying life, I'm guessing you'd have some techniques in place the last time you were going through panic/anxiety/depression issues that helped you to get better so maybe go back over those things.
Life tends to work in seasons, you know from last time you can overcome emotional distress so there is no reason why you can't do it again.
My pyschologist often says anxiety makes you overestimate the threat of something and underestimate your ability to cope. Once you understand that it helps you to become more objective I think and realise you do have resources at hand so that you don't have to stay in this place.
Best wishes

mcray1981
06-10-11, 17:35
Thanks for replying vicki. I think no matter how many times you get through a bad spell it doesn't make it any less scary when you are back there. I remember a time 3 years ago before all this started and wish I was still that person.

My wife makes me feel safe but she's down too at the moment so it's a bit of a double whammy. Hate feeling so down, useless and tired.

Rous
06-10-11, 17:53
Hugs for ye both mcray. :hugs:

shaka
06-10-11, 18:02
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:
you will get through this you have done it once so you will again

petram
06-10-11, 18:51
:hugs: im too having a relapse u never think it will get to u in the same way . xx hang in there hun

paula lynne
06-10-11, 19:01
Welcome, you arent alone, keep posting. Good to have you with us x:welcome:
Paula x

mcray1981
07-10-11, 10:14
Thanks guys,

I had an ok night last night and slept a good bit better. Still feel down this morning but hopeful it will pass quicker today and it will start getting better. Hoping that my wife has an ok day too - I'm worried on 2 fronts there. 1 - that if she has a bad day I wont be able to help her and 2 - that if she has a bad day I'll panic and get worse.

suzy-sue
07-10-11, 14:17
Everything passes ..Sending you Strength and hugs ..You CAN and you WILL beat this again ..Take one day at a time and get plenty of rest .Luv Sue x:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

mcray1981
07-10-11, 14:32
Just heard from the good lady and it went ok for her today. I feel like a massive weight is off my shoulders but feel a bit silly for worrying so much about it and getting myself sooooo down!

Suzy - I read your quote at the bottom of your posts and its very true. I think I need to spend more time working on getting perspective on my worrying! Its very scary how quickly I can swing from fine if the wrong thought gets in.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Petram - same right back at you! When it hits me I have one thought which I try and focus on. It can be quite an angry thought at times but its basically "THIS IS TEMPORARY AND WILL PASS". I find I go over this in my head time and time and time again blocking out the bad thoughts. I dont know if thats of any use to you or not but at times it is enough to keep me going.

:hugs: