PDA

View Full Version : I've been taking too much thyroxine!

countrygirl
06-10-11, 16:43
I have had underactive thryoid for past 22 yrs and my TSH blood result was always between 2 and 4 but this last 2 yrs it has been dropping down to 0.5-1.0 which is still just in the normal range. I have kept cutting down my tablets after every blood test ( every 6 months) but at my last test 12 weeks ago it was 0.4 so I again cut down my tablets and went back on Monday for another blood test and just seen the Dr and he says I am now 0.1 which is borderline overactive which explains why in the last week I have been getting the racing heartbeat and loads of ectopics and feeling very anxious and tearful and I was thinking I was doing so well with my diet as in last 8 weeks I have lost 10lbs but it was probably due to too much thyroxine:wacko:

I have to now cut my thryoxine dose down again and have another test in 6 weeks.

So anyone on thyroxine whose anxiety gets much worse with the racing heart get your levels checked.

paula lynne
06-10-11, 19:04
Excellent advice!
Glad you are feeling better, and well done on your weight loss, Im sure youre feeling so much better for it. :)
Paula x

countrygirl
06-10-11, 19:43
I was really pleased with myself for losing the weight but now I don't know if its all due to my excess thyroid medication or my better eating has helped as well only time will tell. At least I have an explanation for my racing heart and feelings of nervousness.

barbn
06-10-11, 20:08
Great advice...I was just at the Dr's for another issue and they ran a thyroid check. It won't come back for a day or two....I'll be curious to find out what it says!!