PDA

View Full Version : Seriously thought I was having a stroke....

barbn
06-10-11, 19:15
I was so upset....my eye started twitching and eventually it would twitch and close shut for about 30 seconds...and then this twitching/spasms moved down my face (Scary)...pulling my lips to one side. Can you say FREAKED OUT! Went into the Urgent Care ...I was relieved whent he Dr. didn't seem to concerns. She let me ask a bunch of questions - said it was more than likely stress/anxiety. What, me have anxiety - who'd thought!! :ohmy: So went on my way....back to work and got on the computer - dumbest thing to do. So, I found out about Hemifacial Spasms....which isn't life threatening....but it does describe what was going on with me.....

So anyone else every had anythign like this????

countrygirl
06-10-11, 19:45
I have had twitches in my lips that pull my lips to one side and once a twitching cheek that jumped up and down as well as the usual eyelids. I am vry prone to twitching thigh muscles and even abdominal ones as well.

Its truly amazing what our bodies can scare us with isn't it!

barbn
06-10-11, 20:06
Agreed!! And the truth is my anxiety is making everything worse. These twitches/spasms can be brought on by stress/anxiety/lake of sleep...even not drinking enough fluids. I learned a lot today at the Dr's...I need to keep reminding myself it is NOT life threatening....more annoying than anything!!