PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From The Sussex Area?

HypnosWisher
06-10-11, 19:41
Is anyone from the Sussex area who fancies meeting up to create a support group?

Thanks in advance

capricorn234
03-12-11, 23:26
Hi I have just joined and saw your message about meeting others to form a group. I would be interested if you are near Brighton.

HypnosWisher
07-12-11, 08:40
Hi Capricorn,

I almost thought I was the only one who lived far south. I do live in Brighton. Feel free to drop me a PM anytime. Thanks

capricorn234
09-12-11, 22:55
Hi HypnosWisher, good to hear from another Brighton person. It would be nice to get a small gathering together. I also go to the OCD first Wednesday of the month at Buckingham Road. Have you ever been to it?

Be good to keep in touch.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

I meant to say OCD meeting oops!!!!

GreenSky
13-01-12, 19:32
I'm over near Eastbourne!

stevesmj
14-01-12, 23:23
i'm near horley not far from you guys. would be intersted in seeing what these meetings are like? steve

Em.ma
15-01-12, 13:19
I'm from Brighton :D

HypnosWisher
15-01-12, 20:37
It is good to see some Sussex folk showing themselves. PM me guys and I will try and arrange something.

HypnosWisher
24-01-12, 20:27
No takers? :(

VivreSaVie
30-01-12, 13:26
Hi,

So glad to see some Brighton people on here! I would absolutely love to meet up - I was just about to bite the bullet and join the Brighton support group network when I saw it had disbanded!

Surely there must be more than just 3 or 4 of us with anxiety and panic in Brighton - judging from the 6 month waiting list for my CBT guy, I'm guessing there are!

Very happy to try something out. How should we make it happen?

Abi x

HypnosWisher
31-01-12, 12:39
Right can I get a final show of hands and then arrange a place and date for us to all meet and share experiences and even have bite or drink?

:)

VivreSaVie
01-02-12, 10:39
I'm in! I wonder if we should try posting on the Brighton and Hove Anxiety Forum messageboard as well, to see if we can get any interest there? Do any of you know anyone on that forum? I've not joined a support group before, so a little clueless.

HypnosWisher
07-02-12, 13:42
I was wondering if we could agree on a set number to kick off a first meeting and start from there? :)

VivreSaVie
08-02-12, 12:17
Well, from what I can see, we've got:

Hypnoswisher
Vivresavie
Capricorn234
Stevesmj

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Whoops, posted too soon - I forgot to add Em.ma.

Is that enough to start a group? I might pop on the Brighton and Hove Anxiety Forum to see if there's anyone on there who wants to join too.

This is such a great opportunity - everyone says how incredibly helpful support groups are, so I'm really keen to get one together!

HypnosWisher
08-02-12, 14:06
I shall scan around Brighton and see if their are any locations I can book. Thanks

celestijenijohn
15-02-12, 10:15
hi both of you I am also in west sussex in bognor regis i have an 8 year old boy. I have come back to England after living a number of years away and as I lost contact with all my friends now I do not know many people at all, I have been lucky to meet a couple of people but they all have there happy families and lives so that is why I have come on here to meet people who are in the same situation as me please feel free to send a reply and all the best.

lisa010265
15-02-12, 20:55
Am I too late to say that I would love to join in? I live in Hove, and have just recently joined the site.

HypnosWisher
16-02-12, 08:48
Hey Vie,

A friend of mine works at Brighton University and he is looking into what rooms I could book. I shall hopefully be able to update next week with costs and venues.

capricorn234
16-02-12, 09:20
Hi everyone I have just come on and seen this post and am still interested in meeting up as well....what a brilliant idea. Please keep me posted...Ellie:)

VivreSaVie
17-02-12, 10:48
So glad we've got some enthusiastic folks on here - I just knew there were more anxious people in Brighton than were revealing themselves!

Hypnos - do you think it might be easier to just arrange to meet in a cafe somewhere? It might be a bit intimidating for some to schlep up to the University, and also means more organisation and hassle for you.

A nice big cafe would be good - somewhere there's always a table, and that opens reasonably late (so people can come after work).

How about somewhere like Hove Kitchen? Is that not central enough? There are always loads of free tables (so we wouldn't need to book), it's got big windows so people can peek in and check out the lie of the land, and it stays open into the evening...

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

PS. Obviously that way there would be no cost to book, either.

HypnosWisher
17-02-12, 11:00
Vrie that sounds a good plan.

Shall we confirm a date say Friday 2nd of March in the evening?

Aouda28
22-02-12, 09:45
Hello

I am new on No More Panic.

I live in Brighton.

I would be very interested in perhaps joining you on one of your meet-ups.

:)

capricorn234
22-02-12, 09:46
Hi I wondered if it would be possible to meet up in Brighton instead of Hove, if that is not possible no problem. My best wishes Ellie

capricorn234
24-02-12, 06:20
Hi all there is a really nice coffee place in Brighton called Breeze, it is spacious, relaxing and pretty central. Let me know your thoughts about meeting there....best wishes Ellie :hugs:

HypnosWisher
27-02-12, 08:03
Hi Guys,

Can we all agree on a date as I think it would be fantastic to get Brighton get together going and eventually welcome new members along as well. Please respond on this thread. Thanks

HypnosWisher
01-03-12, 09:39
I have decided I shall go to Breeze Brasserie tomorrow from 1pm onwards for an hour.

Feel free to join me, if not I shall talk to myself and comfort myself.

Thanks

Mike

capricorn234
01-03-12, 09:43
Hi Mike I am still interested in the meet however tomorrow I am meeting my son Matt, but if anybody wants to meet there the following Friday say around 5pm then please respond and if we all confirm we will all know it is happening. It is a great venue and it would be lovely to meet you all. I am still interested but wouldn't want to turn up alone....I think you are brave doing that Mike....keep in touch....Ellie.

capricorn234
06-03-12, 08:11
Is anyone still interested in the Brighton meet? It would be great if this still went ahead...Ellie

VivreSaVie
06-03-12, 14:33
Hi Mike (and Ellie),
I'm so sorry this is proving to be a pain to organise - there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of appetite for it - only about three or four of us are posting on here now. I think this would work best if we had a reasonable-sized group though, and I don't know how else to drum up interest in it! Any ideas?

Vx

capricorn234
07-03-12, 08:41
Maybe if just a few ofus go for now then maybe more people will join eventually. I know I could really benefit from this right now as my anxiety has hot the roof and everything quite scary. I am quite happy to meet at the Breeze place Friday early evening....Ellie

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

Sorry just woken up and typing all over the place

HypnosWisher
07-03-12, 14:55
As everyone who is anyone has Facebook, I have set up a community page.

Please follow link and like.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brighton-Hove-Mental-Health-Support-Network/312675535459999#!/pages/Brighton-Hove-Mental-Health-Support-Network/312675535459999

capricorn234
09-03-12, 07:45
I am a rarity I never use facebook....but if anyone wants to do the meet on Friday early evening at Breeze then can we confirm on here!!!

ricky13
23-03-12, 23:24
hi emma im from brighton i just joined this site im 24 and all my friends are out enjoying them selves im at home panicking and suffering from bad anxiety and depression would be good to talk to someone when feeling so low about myself.

kashameets
09-06-12, 23:08
Hi i am part of a group that meets up in kent but we are now hoping some of our members will start meets in other areas, for more info please click the link :biggrin: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=116344