PDA

View Full Version : Hello

scottwilson
06-10-11, 21:55
Hi my name is Scott I am from the UK
It all started for me in September 2009, I was sitting happy as larry when I had a string of what I now know was panic attacks and dizziness and vision disturbance vertigo I waited for a week before I had to go to the docs these strange events were getting worse and for longer periods. I was diagnosed with labrythitis and was told it would go away in a few months this was not the case it got worse and more symptoms kept popping up at the same time this all started I was suffering with the worst sinus infection and inner ear problem ETD I was sent to the ent and was given a hearing teat were they discovered that my hearing was good but I had negative pressure in my right ear but I was still suffering, I had 6 MRIs bit nothing shown up up till November 2010 I was having panic attacks with very heavy bouts off vertigo and other symptoms, I haven't had a panic attack for a year but I am still plagued with all manner of symptoms, I have had CBT which was much help as they can't find any reason for the anxiety but it is getting better, the thing is I haven't had the reason to have this I have had nno reason of stress of phobias or anything that would cause this, I have become a medical misery the closest I have come to a answer was when I saw the neurologist and this was on a whim that I could have vestibular damage and sadly anxiety is controlled partly by the vestibular system and that was it I should have been sent for more tests but my doctors just didn't provide, so that's me I spent the last 2 years studying vestibular system and anxiety disorders that I have come to the conclusion that a massive amount of anxiety suffers have had inner ear problems and this could be a root cause of there anxiety of anyone has any question on the subject I can try to explain the how's and why's but I am no doctor in any way and myself I have had no cir-tentys to my own self diognoses but this is my ultimate result but I am always looking for support and reassurance from others.

nomorepanic
06-10-11, 21:56
Hi scottwilson

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Veronica H
09-10-11, 14:55
:welcome:Scott. Glad that you have found us.

Vx