PDA

View Full Version : i need a friend who understands,,sick of worrys

brandywright
07-10-11, 11:42
hi, i just woke up and some reason heart was beating so fast, took me a lil while to to calm down to normal, no clue why i woke up like this, dont remember much or a bad dream, a few nights ago woke up feeling funny and breathing hard thinking i was dieing, i dont have any problems awake just when i sleep it seems like, i do worry alot and have anixtey problems have for years, sometimes have panic attack but not much, does anyone else do this or is something wrong with me? ive had a k.e.g 2 years ago said i was fine, can it change that soon, my mom said not but i still worry

Dizzy_Dave
07-10-11, 12:56
You can slow your heart down by deep breathing (abdomen not chest breathing) in for 5 seconds, out for 7. If it's anxiety related this should calm you down for now. If it doesn't and your heart is still racing and you feel light-headed, call the Docs and get some meds.
Just had a thought - are you over weight? If so, you could have sleep apnoea.

brandywright
07-10-11, 22:00
hey thanks for the advice, no im under weight im like 99 pounds and im 26 , i do this sometimes no clue why, maybe a bad dream or anixety and stress. and i stay up all night mostly so may be that also, thanks

Dizzy_Dave
08-10-11, 09:56
Caffeine, chocolate and sugar will speed your heart up. You need to eat some carbs, or you will get heart problems for being under weight like that. Drink loads of Ribena blackcurrent drink and take multivits and do press ups to gain some muscle definition, then take up jogging when your weight has increased that will help you sleep and balance your body levels out, then get a boyfriend after that and he will sort you out in other emotional ways..:bighug1:

I can give advice but not take my own so don't listen to me :roflmao:

LiquidSky
10-10-11, 11:02
Hi Brandy, I've had this myself, I used to constantly wake up in the middle of the night with a racing heartbeat, for no apparent reason and it used to scare me too. If you are worried about it, speak to your doctor. Remember, your heart is a muscle, it's job is to beat, whether that is fast or slow, it's made for that job. Any number of reasons can cause you to wake up with a fast heart rate, including a noise your subconscious picks up on, a dream, turning over while you are asleep etc, the problem is, when you do wake up and feel it, and then start to worry, your adrenalin will kick in and it will start feeling worse, until you calm down again. As I said, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but if it continues to concern you, book an appointment with your doctor, for peace of mind :)