PDA

View Full Version : Slight feeling of numbness in face

louise123_uk
07-10-11, 14:02
Right now when I touch my face it feels kind of numb around the cheek and mouth area on the left side, and it feels kind of tingly like pins and needles but not as strong. Am pretty freaked out, can remember this happening once before a few weeks ago, terrified its the start of some neurological disorder, please reassure me its not? Could there be any other cause, I wasnt feeling panicky or anything when it started so it def isnt anxiety I dont think, I was a bit hungover this morning so dont know whether could be related to that could it? Has anyone else had this?

petram
07-10-11, 14:06
yeah i v had that hun normally meds do it :) dont panic xx

louise123_uk
07-10-11, 14:18
Im not taking any medication though..... :-( Particularly scared its the start of somethin really awful like MND, I do get pins and needles in hand and feet quite a bit but never thought anything of this really :-s In the face just seems so much scarier

shep
07-10-11, 14:53
Hi there

I experienced something like this a few years ago. The tingling started around my eye and moved to include the cheek and lips. I went running to the doc thinkng I had a neuro problem. Turns out it was migraine related.

Dont forget anxiety can do funny thingsto us too.

Take care x

moore
09-10-11, 19:23
Im not taking any medication though..... :-( Particularly scared its the start of somethin really awful like MND, I do get pins and needles in hand and feet quite a bit but never thought anything of this really :-s In the face just seems so much scarier

oh. I get it ALL the time..I think when you're anxious you can pull/stress your face/mouth muscles, I know I do. And thats what causes the funny stuff. That's my theory.

gracesophia
10-10-11, 00:31
When I was suffering from bad generalized anxiety I had this almost permanently for about 6 months +. I always thought it couldn't 'just' be anxiety as it wasn't when I felt particularly 'anxious' but I think it was from being in a constant state of low-grade nervousness. I had a twitchy eye with it as well! Nerves are funny things..

mummymurray
10-10-11, 22:36
I too have had the same. Please don't worry. I convinced myself I had MS. My numbness was around the facial nerve, cheek mouth area and around my upper lips on one side. HORRIBLE feeling but it was anxiety and nothing else. This was 5 years ago and I get it on and off although doesn't bother me anymore

Anxious_gal
11-10-11, 01:01
There's a few nerves around the jaw area, the can get irrated by wisdom teeth but also if your jaw muscles tense up too much, TMJ and grinding your teeth at night.

I have gotten numbness on my face, lip, tongue, ear, and even my eye.
I've also gotten a fuzzy sensation a bit like pins and needles, it feels like something is on my face so I kept trying to brush it off.