PDA

View Full Version : Glands...

jupiter28
07-10-11, 14:59
I suffer from health anxiety and one of my current concerns is lymphoma. I've had clear blood tests about 8 weeks ago and have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but unfortunately (and in my more sensible moments I do realise this is likely down to the cfs) I have lots of symptoms of lymphoma apart from a lump on a gland. I've had a really itchy neck for a few weeks and today have woken up with a red bump on top of the gland under my jaw. It's exactly the same as a spot would usually be on my face (which I have had more of recently) and hurts in the same way, but I still can't convince myself it's not something more sinister than just regular spots, because of where it is :(. My gland is a bit swollen, but they often are and particularly at the end of the working week when I've overdone things. Anxiety makes it so hard to deal with these things!

swgrl09
07-10-11, 15:37
I have the same lymphoma fear. It is really difficult to deal with. I can feel quite a few lymph nodes in my neck and actually I just met with a new primary doctor this morning who made me feel a lot better about them. Even a spot can make a gland swell, especially one right on top of it. She said it is very normal to feel your glands, and only if they are constantly growing bigger and bigger over time are when you should be concerned. Even then, it might just be nothing. I feel for you though I hate the lymphoma fear!!!

Renee
21-10-11, 01:39
I am in the same boat. I have a swollen lymph node on the back of my neck, diagnosed by the doctor. He said it is soft and very movable and cancerous ones tend to be hard and fixed. He also said my allergies could cause it to flare. I am healthy otherwise except for my anxiety which is in overdrive about this. I go back in a month to have it checked, he will biopsy it if it is still there. Scared to death I have lymphoma, or even something worse. I hate this feeling.

amandaj
21-10-11, 08:10
hi i have had a lump on my neck for many years now, when i first noticed it i went to about 4 different drs cos didnt believe them it was nothing bad (more times than not its a cyst or something) mine is a cyst and i agree with rennee if it moves its fine tace care
amandaxx

Fly away Katie
22-10-11, 00:33
Im SO WORRIED ASWELL. I have about 5/6 lymph nodes in my face, under my jaw. I've been fretting about them for such a long time. I hope they're nothing to worry about :( xxx

Renee
25-10-11, 01:53
Has anyone had these lymph nodes biopsied? My Dr. told me if its not gone in a month I can come in and get it needle biopsied if I want. He knows I have lots of anxiety.