PDA

View Full Version : I would like a new brain please....

DisturbedDani
07-10-11, 15:42
....because the one I've got keeps telling me that I'm gonna die soon, that I have undetected Cancer, a brain tumour or I'm gonna drop down dead of a heart attack :weep: without any prior warning.

My latest worry is a pulmonary embolism. This stems from a bad 'episode' last night whereby I went to bed, totally calm and rational but then woke up a couple of hours later with a hellish pain on the left side of my chest. It was a sharp, constant pain which worsened when I inhaled. I told my boyfriend (who is more than used to my health anxiety) and he immediately told me to calm down, take deep breaths...the usual. However, I couldn't take deep breaths because it was so incredibly painful when I did so. In the back of my mind I kept thinking I was panicking, that the pain was real but wasn't sinister, but adrenaline took over and I went into full-on panic mode! I was on the bedroom floor shouting at my boyfriend to call 999. He was faffing about turning his phone on and I couldn't find mine and the house phone was out of action...a real comedy of errors, although not at the time.

The paramedics came and were brilliant. I had an ECG which depicted 'normal sinus rhythm' and my B/P was slightly elevated but nothing too bad. The pain started to subside as I sat there with the paramedics although was still there and still here today. I was reassured last night that it sounded 'muscular'...and having a 9 month old baby who I'm picking up and putting down regularly, it could well be. However, I am convinced that it's not that, I now think it is a pulmonary embolism as it is still hurting today and I have no other reason, in my mind, for this pain. The one thing that has alleviated my anxiety a little is that the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was when it woke me. I just want it to go!

I had started to think I was over all of this health anxiety. It seemed to subside whilst I was pregnant but about 1 month after my daughter was born, little things started to creep back into my mind. I'm on Setraline 100mg but I just can't beat these health demons. I just want someone to rewire my brain......I am so down :(

Violet1
07-10-11, 15:51
Hi, I have just joined and read your post. Blimey you sound like me! I have also had the pulmonary embolism worry, ended up in hospital having a dye put though my veins and scanned. All was ok. The thing I find is I can be totally normal when it comes to other people's worries but when it's me I can't see straight, do you find the same? Looking at your situation I would say it's likely it is a pulled muscle or something. The pain would not be better. Sometimes I get an awful shap pain in my chest and can't breath properly for about 10 mins, but sometimes next day it aches a bit. I have been having that for years ( one of the things I don't worry about!) take some pain killers and try and do something to take your mind off of it x

alix123
08-10-11, 20:30
This is exactly what I say all the time, I want a brain transplant. I too have all these worries, I also worried about pulmonary embolism as my Dad passed away 2008 from this, and I was pregnant at the time, just like you I'd started to feel better mentally whilst pregnant, must be a maternal instinct! I am on sertraline 200mg, and have had citralopram, buspirone, hydroxine and amytriptaline and whilst these can ease the physical symptoms they can help the thoughts that has to come from you, maybe through a form of therapy. Have you ever had any therapy?
I know it doesnt help but you are definitely not the only one feeling this xxx