PDA

View Full Version : hypnotherapy for a teen with anxiety?

Littlehelper123
07-10-11, 21:37
I just wanna get some peoples opinions on hypnotherapy? Has anyone had hypnotherapy and is 16/17 years old? Also has it worked at all?

Would love to hear your experiences with it x

thanks x

PanchoGoz
07-10-11, 21:50
I am 17 and I do self hypnosis as opposed to paying money. This is where you record your own voce in your own dialect. You write your own speech and play it back to yourself. Of course it won't work if you don't know what to do or don't take yourself seriously. I beat arachnaphobia with this. If you go for proffessional be very careful you get a good, experienced practitioner. It can cost a lot of money and you want to spend it wisely.
t/c

andy2
07-10-11, 21:53
Hi. Along time ago I was 16/17 so I think that I kind of fit in the catogrie lol. Around that age I had hypnotherapy and to be honest it was like a mirical. I remember standing one day whilst walking my dog and just thinking "I'm not worried, I'm not scared". It was the most amazing feeling I think I have ever felt before I had kids. Its not a permanent fix or at least not in my experience. Maybe you have to keep going back for more sessions or something. Have tried it again since but never had much joy.

Would strongly recommend that you try it.

Paul x

Littlehelper123
08-10-11, 11:01
cool thanks guys =) xx

mikewales
08-10-11, 11:13
I think hypnotherapy can work for certain phobias, and know people who have had success with this, but I dont think it it really works on general anxiety, panic attacks etc...

It may give some temporary relief, but never seems to work as a long term solution.