PDA

View Full Version : Unsteadiness when I walk and not being able to speak properly

blondinou
07-10-11, 23:02
I've been experiencing a couple of weird things lately and I'm not sure whether they are anxiety symptoms.

Sometimes when I'm walking along I'll suddenly feel as if I'm not walking in a straight line or my balance is off or something. And more often when I'm sitting or standing still I feel unsteady and lightheaded (but not quite dizzy).

Also sometimes when I'm having a conversation with someone I'll forget the right word/name for something basic, or I'll pause for ages and have trouble even stringing the next lot of words together, or I'll say the wrong word e.g. 'red' when I meant 'blue'. I suddenly feel under pressure to keep speaking and that makes it harder to continue properly.

It makes me worry that I've got something wrong with my brain like a tumour or some sort of deterioration in my brain. Does anyone else get these feelings? Do you think anxiety can cause this kind of thing?

bronte
07-10-11, 23:19
anxiety can cause alarming symptoms it can mimic the symptoms of so many illnesses it is proberly anxiety symptoms because ive had the same but always consult your dr for peace of mind because if not you will continue to worry x

Anxious_gal
07-10-11, 23:28
sounds like standard anxiety to be honest :)

Mr.Jitters
07-10-11, 23:58
Oh, this is me, every day.

Talking to someone about the weather and phasing out and forgetting what I'm saying before continuing about something else, using the wrong words for everything, and holding onto the walls as I walk because I'm unsteady on my feet.

Anxiety can certainly cause this kind of thing. Consult your doctor to put your mind at rest, the peace of mind is invaluable.

Good luck!

Magic
08-10-11, 14:55
I am just the same,to the point where I try to explain myself like---- sorry, my brains stuck ---and make a joke of it. I know its not funny though believe me . I sometimes have to draw a picture with my hands to my hubby if I cannot remember.
Its so frustrating.

blondinou
09-10-11, 14:20
Thank you all, yep sounds like a standard anxiety thing then. Hooray! :wacko: