16-04-04, 14:17
I HAD A PANIC ATTACK LAST NITE
AND IT CAME FROM NOWHERE
I DONT KNOW WHY ANY MORE
AND IF I WILL EVER BE BETTER
JAY

Buby
16-04-04, 15:02
jay u will get better, it was just a lil slip. ull b fine wen u chat to us nxt. so u dont no y it happened? xxxx u will get better jay we promise u! xxxxxxx hugs xxxxxxx

apm
16-04-04, 15:34
Hi Jay,

I'm lucky enough not to have had another attack since my first just over a month ago, (and I hope I don't)- but I do get anxiety still. It is getting better though.
Are you getting help? Maybe CBT would help get to the root of it all? Have you been feeling more stress recently, or has anything in your life changed? In my case, it was a culmination of poor physical maintenance (bad diet, smoking, stress in my job) that was the catalyst- by addressing these issues in my life, my anxiety is improving, and I am healthier too! In some cases, I understand that a single life event can act as a trigger, and CBT is great to help with that.
Main thing to remember is that the path to recovery is a well-trodden one. May take time, but we can get over this thing of ours with the right kind of help. Posting on this forum is DEFINITELY the right kind of help!

Keep the faith and best wishes to you!

Alex.

Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx.

nomorepanic
17-04-04, 18:29
Jay

we all say that don't we - WHY ME?

There is no answer I am afraid and you will need to work hard to get over things.

Try starting at the beginning again and re-read Meg's First Steps post - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

There may be something in there that turns on a light-bulb and you think "yeah" I could try that.

Catch you later in chat.

Nicola

Rennie1989
17-04-04, 19:39
guys

just 1 hour i left the chat room last night i had a panic attack

now my tummy still hurts from the twiches

ill see u lot soon

Scooter Girl

april tones
17-04-04, 20:50
hi jay, you will get better. i had panick attacks very bad few years ago and completely recovered with meds and reading up on panic attacks. They returned when pregnant and after birth due to hormones but i had councelling when pregnant and counceller taught me some techniques . I had bad one when starting my new nmeds, it was awful. i took two big breaths and said its ok, its a panick attack and it went. Each time you do it it gets better, believe me! oh and scooter girl, its horrible when you have twitches when panick attacking, i get shakes and go freezing, it uses loads if energy too doesnt it. take care

apriltones

jay
18-04-04, 19:12
FEELING LOW STILL. GETTING A TUMMY ACHE
AND IVE HAD ALOT TO THINK ABOUT
THANKS TO EVERYBODY FOR JUST BEING THERE.

april tones
18-04-04, 22:42
hi jay, when your low and anxious its almost guarenteed you wont feel to good. I remember it well. just after i had my baby, 6 months ago i felt ill every day, always somat wrong with me, with help of meds i feel well physically all time. I suffer what i think are migraines though, never used to, hang in there

apriltones

diana
19-04-04, 04:52
Hiya Jay,

Sorry you are having a rough time right now, but it is just that a "ROUGH TIME" RIGHT NOW!!!!!

You will get better, you have to believe that.

I do hope you are feeling a bit better today though.

Just try to remember it is just a blip and we all have them and yes they are awful, but they do go away with time and baby steps.

I know we all say "WHY ME"!!!!! It is a horrid thing to deal with, but atleast we know we are not alone.

There are tons of folks here with great advice and suggestions on what to do to cope, and you can rest assure that we are all here to support you anyway we can.

Just hang in there and things will get better. :)

Take care, and good luck to ya.

Keep us posted on how you are getting on with things.

Diana xxxx

jay
20-04-04, 19:40
im still in panic mode
nothing is going right at the moment for me.
just want all this to stop and not panic anymore its so horrible

sarah
20-04-04, 22:26
Hiya Jay

Yes you are right, it is horrible. You can get through it though. Take time for yourself, have a relaxing bath, watch a favourite movie..anything to distract yourself and make you smile.

How is your boss treating you now?..any better?

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

nomorepanic
22-04-04, 20:16
Jay

It won't just go away on its own I am afraid. Unless you are perpared to put some time and hard work in then you will always suffer.

What are you doing to help yourself?

What vitamins etc are you taking?

Are you listening to relaxation tapes?

Are you reading some anxiety books etc?

Try and do at least one of these things a day and you will progress forward, sit there and do nothing and you will never get better I am afraid.

Take some time to read other posts on this site and you will get some excellent advice. You could even offer others some advice to help them too. It is great therapy.:)

Nicola

diana
22-04-04, 21:09
Jay,

Sorry to hear you are still suffering, but just know that you can beat this.

You are not alone we are all here to help and support you through your journey.

It is very, very hard to overcome no doubt and yes when we are in the midst of the attacks that is all we want is for them to disappear.

Try to distract yourself some how, some way when you feel one approaching and just keep reminding yourself and telling yourself aloud when they come on that it is just panic and that deflates the power of them a bit it truly does.

Try some of Nics suggestions above.

They truly do work.

I hope that you are feeling a bit better and less panicky today.

Take each day one at a time. There is no rush to beat this thing right now. It takes time.

It is just very important that you learn as much as you can and apply as many techniques you can to an uncomfortable situation to over come this disorder.

We have all been there and some are still where you are and we all come out on the other side, though we may have blips at times we all do reach the other side and you will too.

You have to believe that.

Try not to be to hard on yourself and start trying some of the suggestions and advice, and post to let us know how they are working for you.

I know you will find something on here that will work for you.

Take Care and Good Luck,

Diana xxxx

april tones
22-04-04, 21:18
JAY, you say nothing is going right at moment. What like? is there something triggering your panic? how long you had it? it will get better, trust me, april

apriltones

stimpy
24-04-04, 22:24
Deep Breaths and calming thoughts, jay.

It feels like your world is falling in, but it isn't.
You must try to distract yourself and to relax. - easier said than done, but it helps.

If you constantly feel the panic, the panic is going to control you, and so you will constantly feel the panic. - and so you have to break the cycle by not constantly feeling the panic.

hang in there hun.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

jay
30-04-04, 21:01
thanks to all of u for posting for this
i feel a little better
just wanna chat to someone

april tones
30-04-04, 21:15
hi jay, how you feeling today?

apriltones

nomorepanic
01-05-04, 16:30
Jay - how was your birthday and how was the holiday?

Nicola

diana
02-05-04, 03:33
Hiya Jay,

How ya doing today?

I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was it?

I hope you had a great one.

Post to let us know how you are doing.

Take care and best wishes,

Diana xxxx

jay
02-05-04, 19:25
I HAD AN ANXIETY ATTACK YESTERDAY. AND FELT NOTHING WAS GOING RIGHT AGAIN.
BUT I HAVE THE SUPPORT OF OTHERS EVEN IF I AM TO SELFISH TO RELISE THIS SOMETIMES.
IM TRYING TO KEEP POSITIVE AND NOT LET MY CHATTERBOX WIN.
DOES ANYONE ELSE GET A CHATTERBOX?
BE IN CHAT LATTER. BYE FOR NOW
JAY

sarah
02-05-04, 20:16
hiya Jay

Yep I think we all have chatterboxes...supposedly the secret is to ignore what it says and replace the negatives with positives..really hard I know.
You will always have support from us Jay!!!!!

Happy belated birthday!!!!!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

jonny
02-05-04, 22:11
Jay,

talking works wonders eh....often helps me.

What Nic says is true though, a lot of work is needed to get yourself on the recovery road.
I am past the major panics now and only ever let my problems get to the high anxiety level. One thing i have learned, as will you sooner or later, is that things do get better. Things improve with time but there will be setbacks on the way.
once you accept this you can move forward, try not to fight it so much and just accept it. in my opinion the fighting only takes more out of you.

All the best mate

Jonny.

diana
03-05-04, 05:31
Jay,

Sorry to hear that you had an anxiety attack yesterday.

I do hope you are feeling a bit better today though.

Just wanted to confirm that I think like Sarah said we all have the chatterbox.

You are on the right track by trying to keep the negatives positive.

It takes small steps Jay. One step at a time, one day at a time.

Try not to be to hard on yourself mate.

We are all here to help, advise and support you through this time.

Take care and best wishes,

Diana xxxx