PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation pains

emmawalton
08-10-11, 09:18
Hi does anybody get really bad ovulation pains. Last night i was at home and i had terrible pains down below particularly right hand side, of course i was worried was something worse but am only assuming that it is ovulation pains as it could be the time i am due to ovulate, my periods tho are all over the place so uncertain with my body. Others opinions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Carrera74
08-10-11, 09:35
Hello. I get this too. Mostly on my left side. It blooming hurts! I have an app on my phone as trying to keep tabs on my cycle as I'm having a few problems and trying to see if it's hormone related. The app pinpointed Thursday as my ovulation day and sure enough I was in agony lol x

emmawalton
08-10-11, 09:53
Can i ask how old you are as i am having problems too, wish i could get an app on my phone but i don't hvae a phone that enables that. How long does yours last and do you feel sick or anything else with it?

flobrien
08-10-11, 10:40
hi Emma,

I get this too and have done for a few years now but it seems to be much much worser since having my son 2 years ago (I'm 35). I also get much more discharge (sorry tmi) and most months will have a tiny bleed at ovulation also. I got very worried and had it checked (internal, ultrasound, swabs etc) and everything was completely fine, just part of the cycle for me now really.

If you're worried get it checked for piece of mind but ov pain is very common.

Fi x

countrygirl
08-10-11, 13:23
Until I stopped ovulating about 4 yrs ago ( now menopausal) I got ovulation pain nearly every cycle to one degree or another. I called it my walking on eggs pain as any sudden movement like standing up from sitting or if I banged my food down when walking produced agonising pain always right hand side from above hip bone down. I also used to get same pain if I increased the pressure in my abdomen for example push as if doing a number 2 or for a second before I urinated. This pain could last anything from a few hours to up to two weeks.

I was told it was due to my ovary producing a fluid filled cyst as well as an egg folicle and as the follicle cyst got bigger this produced the pain and when the egg was released the cyst burst and pain went. I always got my period exaclty 12 days after the pain went away.

If its compltely new to you then it always wise to tell your Dr as they may want an ultrasound to check all is well but if its something that you get on and off and can tie up with your periods then it the joys of being a woman:winks:

emmawalton
08-10-11, 13:29
thanks country girl and flobrien. glad i am not alone. country girl it is nice that yours is right sided too that is where my pain last night was and when i coughed and moved it hurt, i am sure it is what i have had before but may go to doctors for my own peace of mind. Not getting any younger now am 38, how old are you guys?

Carrera74
09-10-11, 12:56
I'm 37 and have only experienced it since coming off the pill a few years ago. I get the discharge too (sorry tmi lol). I don't get it every cycle but when I do I sure know about it!! Mine is more of a bad crampy feeling and lasts about a day. Then I get the discharge.

I'm being checked over by my GP as my cycle is every 3 weeks. I'm either premenstual or on. It's so tiring!!

emmawalton
10-10-11, 16:01
well girlies i have booked appointment at the doctors on friday for my own peace of mind.

flobrien
10-10-11, 18:19
good to hear Emma, I'm sure it will all be cool, it is such a common thing that a lot of ladies experience for so many different (but normal) reasons. Let us know how you get on.

x

rachel04
10-10-11, 19:54
yep 2 weeks after my period i get ovulation pains, sharp shooting pains only since i had my daughter 7 yrs ago xx

emmawalton
11-10-11, 16:07
i will let you know its a new doctor i am seeing so hopefully she will be understanding, nice to know i am not alone. x

hyg
11-10-11, 17:39
Hi
countrygirl-you explained it exactly how it is for me ! Im perimenopausal and its got worse over the last few years. I had a pelvic scan and everything normal. It feels like having a small beach ball in my pelvis thats pushing other organs esp bladder-but its always mid cycle-oh to be female !!

lelespears
12-10-11, 13:53
I'm in agony every month with this. The pain & pressure is hidious it also effects my bowel. Makes me feel like I need to poo but I don't.. I also hurt in the vagina & bikini line..

Lele x

hazy
16-10-11, 17:42
Absolutely, I know this thread was started in March but I just wanted to say that I get this every single month and low and behold when I notice it, I check my dates and its usuall 14 days after the first day of your last period and for me it last about 4 days. It's quite normal.

emmawalton
17-10-11, 11:02
well ladies went to doctors and she did some swabs and an internal so get results in two weeks time, she did mention though that i have an ectropic cervix so will keep you informed with results. It hurt too and now feel more anxious but could possibly be pmt now. The joys.