PDA

View Full Version : how long has it taken for peoples anxiety to go?

Littlehelper123
08-10-11, 18:33
If you have beaten anxiety how long did it take ? I'm 16 (nearly 17) and i've had panic attacks for just over a year now and i've had anxiety for about 6months.

Does it just depend on how strong the person is ? Or is there something that can really knock it on the head and get rid of it ?

Thanks x

its just hard sometimes to keep hope =/

Rhys1879SAFC
08-10-11, 18:45
Well I had it for 8 months before pretty much recovering. However, it has since come back so I obviously never beat it fully.

Zee
08-10-11, 21:08
Hi, My first episode of anxiety was 11 years ago and I beat it in 8 months.

It came back about 18 months ago and was better some days than others..It peaked Summer of 2010 and lasted about 2 months then I got it back under control.

Have to say though that on both occassions mine was triggered by a series of events and I think it was coming to terms with them that helped me towards making things easier to control.

Wilson Blackburn
09-10-11, 00:57
I developed anxiety/panic around 4 years ago (im 24) and it got worse for maybe 2 years before sort of levelling out. I still have it, but I can now cope with it.

You begin to learn what is good for you. Like music, exercise and mostly, people. But also what's bad for you... like hangovers, pressure and GOOGLE. :D

You'll figure it out for yourself in the end, and i hope you do truly rid yourself of it.

Dying_Swan
09-10-11, 14:18
Hey :)

Sadly I don't think there is any instant cure, but you can beat it.

I had it really bad for about 9 months, got it better enough to return to work after a year, and slowly it's got better since then. I've never totally got rid of it because I still have issues with motorways, but that's not so bad as it doesn't affect my daily life.

Hang in there...even if you can't cure it instantly, the small steps in getting better do add up and you'll be doing giant leaps in the long run :)

LaNae
09-10-11, 17:39
My anxiety only gets beaten when i even out my hormones and eat really well. Personally I've found if the chemicals in your body are aligned well, you don't need to make any effort with your thoughts, they are just naturally healthier and calmer. I eat as little processed foods, especially wheat and sugar, as possible and basically go for as much of a 'caveman diet' as I can (good quality meat and fish, lots of raw vegetables). Remember those B vitamins and get your omega 3. You might also want to try maca powder, available from Holland and Barretts, it regulates hormones naturally. Also exercise, which sweats out toxins and excess hormones and increases your circulation and happy chemicals!

Hazel B
09-10-11, 20:10
For me, about 4-5 months. It took years to build up but I really fought hard to recover.:)

Zee
09-10-11, 21:10
My anxiety only gets beaten when i even out my hormones and eat really well. Personally I've found if the chemicals in your body are aligned well, you don't need to make any effort with your thoughts, they are just naturally healthier and calmer. I eat as little processed foods, especially wheat and sugar, as possible and basically go for as much of a 'caveman diet' as I can (good quality meat and fish, lots of raw vegetables). Remember those B vitamins and get your omega 3. You might also want to try maca powder, available from Holland and Barretts, it regulates hormones naturally. Also exercise, which sweats out toxins and excess hormones and increases your circulation and happy chemicals!

Its been just the same for me LaNae... hormones even out and im fine..Ive learned now when my hormones are uneven and it makes anxiety better to cope with.