PDA

View Full Version : plz advise me im so scared

lola pagola
09-10-11, 08:27
im nearly 44 and have been going through peri menopause for three yrs.I suffer really bad HA which doesnt help. im convinced i have cervical or ovarian cancer. Im waiting for results of a smear now and convinced it is going to be bad. have never had an abnormal smear. i have had pelvic and back pain on and off for a few months plus ibs.My periods are irregular I seem to skip a month or two..but my worry now is ive had a slight bleed today and my period isnt due for another 10days.its not like a proper period its very light though i have slight period pains. i also have a pain in my side too low down and feel a wreck.Has anybody else experienced these symptons. im also weeing a lot and worried this is OC x

ell1877
09-10-11, 09:34
Hi I would say your hormones are going all over causing allsorts you convince yourself of the worst but you rarely get symptoms with oc and peeing alot is normal when you worry have you been going to the loo alot for the other?I know it's easier said than done but if you never had an abnormal smear why should this one be different it's easy to tell someone else I've got my smear due next year and am already convinced of the worse:(
I get lower back pain n pain in my ovary area etc but it's apparently down to my ibs and worry xx

lola pagola
09-10-11, 09:44
hi ell and thanks for your reply. its just the back and ovary pain that worry me. Are you going through the menopause too? I hate this HA i really do. my doc says its ibs but im not convinced. also i get pains in my vagina argggggggggg
Im thinking of asking my doc for an ovary scan but I think that I will wait for results of smear first as i cant cope with tests xxxx

ell1877
09-10-11, 09:51
No I'm not going thru the menopause but I symathise 100% with the ha mine is unbelievable at the minute I honestly would say your back pain n vagina etc is ibs have you considered a water infection if you're peeing alot maybe just the worry etc but just a thought I feel really low at the min I've just put a big essay on if you fancy a read that sort of sums up how I feel I'm so scared I will die n leave my children without a mummy :( x

hyg
11-10-11, 18:01
Hi lola
Im 44 and peri men as well-I get on and off the things you describe. problem is I get IBS and ovulation pains and am prone to cystits !!!! It gets difficult to decide what to diagnose yourself with doesnt it!!Ibs can cause pelvic pain and back ache and it causes urinary frequency as the gas in the bowel irritates the bladder Ive suffered with IBS for years I eventually realied it must be this as anything serious would have had consequences by now !! I have asked my gp for a blood test to detect ovarian cancer and after she explained it was highly unlikely this is what I have I was reassurred. You are not alone with HA and mines got worse in my forties every twinge means something and it annoys me tha:hugs:t I cant just get on with life without this constant worry about things being wrong-just think if we live to be 100 we ll have wasted all this time worrying !!!

lola pagola
11-10-11, 18:20
awww thanks for the nice post hyg.
i know ive lost my marbles since the peri
everything worries me especially my health. i think its because of the peri we get all these extra things going on in our body and our anxiety gets out of control. do you have erratic periods too? my right sided lower pain was diagnosed as ibs as is the back pain but im not convinced..of course im not im a HA sufferer lol xx hope u dont feel too bad right now x